• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst present ever?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This thread is worthless without pics.

My wife used her employee discount to pick up some software for a cow-orker of mine many years ago.
Cow-orker's wife made us this. It was actually a fairly thoughtful thing for her to do.
It has decorated our garage for many years.
knittedtree.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Back when we were poor, Mrs. Piob greatly admired some heirloom combs. I thought they would look incredible in her long hair but did not have the cash to buy them. So what I did was sell my favorite possession, my pocket watch that had been handed down in my family for generations. I was very pleased with the thought of seeing her face on Xmas morning when she opened the box and saw the wonderful combs for her beautiful hair. Xmas morning came and she gave me a gift. It was a wonderful chain for my pocket watch...the watch I had just sold! Then I noticed she had cut her hair. She had sold her hair to buy my watch chain!
frown.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at the reactions *****, why'd you cut your hair??!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm almost feeling bad for this one. Almost.

wizzeak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
When I was 7 my sister gave me some pink VS underwear, with a CD hidden underneath. Unfortunately I ran from the room crying before I discovered the CD. At 14 I wasn't given anything for Christmas, my parents forgot me, but not my siblings or eachother.
This happened to me on my birthday and Christmas... fml my parents made some lame ass excuse and got me a "present" later. they basically got me something they were going to get me anyways, so I still lost out on a real present.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This last christmas a family friend bought all my siblings $20 iTune gift cards. She bought me a lilic air freshener.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What every seven year old boy wants:
easy-bake-oven_purple.jpg
facepalm.gif
And now I have 3K+ posts on a fashion forum. **** you uncle Brian!

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Back when we were poor, Mrs. Piob greatly admired some heirloom combs. I thought they would look incredible in her long hair but did not have the cash to buy them. So what I did was sell my favorite possession, my pocket watch that had been handed down in my family for generations. I was very pleased with the thought of seeing her face on Xmas morning when she opened the box and saw the wonderful combs for her beautiful hair.

Xmas morning came and she gave me a gift. It was a wonderful chain for my pocket watch...the watch I had just sold! Then I noticed she had cut her hair. She had sold her hair to buy my watch chain!

frown.gif

inlove.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My grandmother sent me a card for my recent birthday. I'm sure it's laying around somewhere, but the only actual mention of my birthday is the cat on the front of the card. The rest of it is spent telling me why I was a bad grandson. I visited this woman only a few weeks before that.
facepalm.gif
Her daughter (my aunt) sent me a card saying that a $15 donation to the Catholic church had been made in my name.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not me, but my sister:

My father and I got my little sister a Log (a la "Ren & Stimpy") that is, we went to a wood pile and wrapped an actual log. She had to be 9-10 years old or so. I thought it was hilarious but she burst into tears. Then she was given her real present
smile.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Every year, continuously, I get the worst presents from my brother in Brooklyn. He doesn't do too bad for himself... I mean, he is an investment banker WITH a job, unlike 75% of the other investment bankers still living off unemployment right now. But he's very frugal, and thus results to shopping at China Town for everyone's Christmas presents. It's ******* ridiculous.

Some notable ones was a bottle of Burberry perfume he gave to my sister. We all doubted its authenticity being that it came from my brother, so she took one whiff of it and then threw it in the garbage. We called him up the next day and asked him where he got it from. You bet ya. China motha fuckin Town.

One of my favorite china town presents was a miniature sized poker set. The coins were the size of my thumbnail, and the cards the size of my thumb. I'm not sure how one is to play poker with a set that small. Oh well.

word

Reaction score
J Crew cardigan last christmas.
plain.gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jefe
As much as that must have sucked, I think that's really great. Clearly you were meant to be...

Yes, truly gifts worthy of the Magi.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
My grandmother sent me a card for my recent birthday. I'm sure it's laying around somewhere, but the only actual mention of my birthday is the cat on the front of the card. The rest of it is spent telling me why I was a bad grandson. I visited this woman only a few weeks before that.
facepalm.gif
Her daughter (my aunt) sent me a card saying that a $15 donation to the Catholic church had been made in my name.

useless. this is bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads