• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

essentials when out on your own for the first time?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
oh, you met my ex after she moved to Montreal. It's all lies I tell you
smile.gif

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
what is the point of this thread?

I opened it thinking 'ahh, some kid is getting his first house, what do I buy in what order'...which is cool, I have suggestions there. Lots of them. Turns out more like 'some kid wants to brag that he ran away from home before college and actually doesn't need **** cos he is sleeping on his friend's sofa, because, ya, that's gonna impress me'....which takes me back to my initial question:

what is the point of this thread?

Yeah, was thinking the same when I opened & read the first post. Basically he's doing this for...fun? hipster training? I don't get it either.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Couple of questions:
How old is your MacBook?
How old is your iPhone?
Where do you park your car?

Valor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut
long story short i had to move out of my parents house.

i'm 19, moving on campus at UNI in august. in the mean time i am bouncing around between friends houses, mostly keeping all of my **** in my car. here's what i have:

macbook
iphone

Made me giggle. Rich kids in suburbia...

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, have a job. $14 an hour, ~30 hours a week.

You can't afford a place with that money? Fridays and Saturdays crash at your friends places, and the other days just use a cheap motel. Unless your friends are almost like family I wouldn't want to wear out my welcome.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Valor
Made me giggle. Rich kids in suburbia...

my parents have never made more than $100k a year combined.

Originally Posted by RedLantern
First off, if you're smart are you claim you are, you should have figured out that paying for a hotel room is not the only way to find a place to stay.
facepalm.gif
Check out short-term leases and room rentals on craigslist.

Secondly, I'm sorry if your home situation is unsafe and forced you to leave, I'll take your word for it. But the fact remains that you have posted here several times about how you have your own business and significant savings - the fact remains that you represented that you have no other choice than to live in your car when you can't find friends to crash with, and that is untrue.

did i claim i was smart? i don't remember doing that. that doesn't sound like me. also, never thought about room rentals. thats a good idea. ill check that out.

i do have my own business, but it's stumbling right now. i'm making money. but it's stumbling. also, keep in mind this business is a very small operation. as in two employees.

my savings are fairly significant i guess....but i do have loans and i don't like to dip into them.

sorry if i sounded like i was bragging. i wasn't. there's nothing really to brag about. also, sorry if you're butthurt i called a couple of you marsupialed. don't act marsupialed next time :[.

i didn't represent that i have no friends to crash with -- i just said i don't want to burden them too much. i've been crashing with different people for the past few days, on their couches.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
lol @ butthurt. I may be marsupialed, but I know who was butthurt.

peanut, you're doing fine. G'luck on your endeavors.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ftr piobaire i wasn't talking about you. you're like my favorite user in gen chat/CE

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
ftr piobaire i wasn't talking about you. you're like my favorite user in gen chat/CE

inlove.gif

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What does "I dipped" mean?

Are you suggesting that you like to dip snus?

disgusting!!

i dipped = hip lingo for i had to leave.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads