• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

c00kz

Reaction score
Eh, I don't think it looks too bad actually.. I think some of the reason why it may look off is just a part of sf rarely seeing tucks done here. When they usually are done they tend to look far worse than yours. You can try to loosen the laces a tiny bit but I definitely prefer your semi-relaxed/straight leg shape than, y'know, grossly tight pants tucked into backzips

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, better version.
waywt10.jpg
Alt A. MxMJ Chucks Seriously though, photos can't capture how these shirts were made for my odd proportions, especially post-wash. They're not too tight in the chest/soulders but manage not to look like tents or be wayyy too long.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I think it looks too tight. or something. looks wrong, but I can't put my finger on it.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's an odd perspective thing going on with my legs, not sure why. Could that be it?

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe, I think it'd be worthwhile to try a size up. Could be something to do with the tightness of the shirt relative to the tightness of your jeans. The shirt is pretty fitted all around, and maybe it's just personal preference but I think it would look better larger, would drape instead of clinging all over.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I blame all of your bizarre proportions on a messed up camera angle and your insistence on wearing cons. The one pick you took in a parking lot, in the sun, was light-years better. Everything just looks dark to me

also you got crazy knee bags son

size down

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ sizing down tends to exaggerate knee bags and I actually thought the one in the sun looked too hulked out to be natural.

It's a good fit. In two hours, anything tight will be stretched out. People forget this **** about tshirts all the time. The couple alt.app tshirts I had always felt too sheer and bugged the **** outta me, but that one looks solid enough.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I'll echo everyone else, it looks off. Right now it's way too much of a superhero look. Try a longer shirt so it pokes out from beneath the jacket. Those boots may have too low of a shaft to tuck also though I'm sure it's possible to figure out a way to work it.

Yeah i was thinking of trying a longer t. To be honest i was kinda going for a superhero look. i'll keep messing around with it a bit, maybe try some different jeans, we'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by c00kz
Eh, I don't think it looks too bad actually.. I think some of the reason why it may look off is just a part of sf rarely seeing tucks done here. When they usually are done they tend to look far worse than yours. You can try to loosen the laces a tiny bit but I definitely prefer your semi-relaxed/straight leg shape than, y'know, grossly tight pants tucked into backzips

i didn't think it was straight out bad either. needs some work. The tuck will be something i'll try every now and again until i figure out what works. it's hard to pinpoint rules really.

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Alright, better version.

waywt10.jpg

Alt A.
MxMJ
Chucks

Seriously though, photos can't capture how these shirts were made for my odd proportions, especially post-wash. They're not too tight in the chest/soulders but manage not to look like tents or be wayyy too long.

That fit is fine. anyone complaining about that should post the same fit and see if they can get any tee or jeans to fit that well in a single pic.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
^^ sizing down tends to exaggerate knee bags and I actually thought the one in the sun looked too hulked out to be natural.

huh, I've had the opposite experience. Don't know why. Maybe it's because his are more slim/straight than tapered/skinny? The jeans with the worst knee bags I've ever had were new standards, nothing else (including 2 pairs of petit standards, nom de guerre and helmut lang raws) has ever been even really that noticeable
confused.gif

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
That fit is fine. anyone complaining about that should post the same fit and see if they can get any tee or jeans to fit that well in a single pic.

the gauntlet has been thrown

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
By the unlikeliest of challengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads