• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
went to Margiela store last night, everything was 'nice' in that in-store MMM display kinda way, but there was nothing I wanted except a pair of women's shoes I already got for my girl from thecorner at 50% off.
Really nothing I want to buy from any store lately, everything is pretty safe looking design-wise and not really enticing to buy at the kinda prices they have here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
MMM is the new new helmut lang.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
MMM is the new new helmut lang.

it's the quirky, higher priced line of Diesel (2)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In Gap Press men's FW, where a designer name goes in the title, the MMM entry is literally titled 'Design Team' and gives a MM bio and supplements one sentence at the end - 'design team took over at the end of 2009.'

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
In Gap Press men's FW, where a designer name goes in the title, the MMM entry is literally titled 'Design Team' and gives a MM bio and supplements one sentence at the end - 'design team took over at the end of 2009.'

And their design team is not trained in clothing design, but in marketing and trending.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
speaking of mmm...bergdorf display had a setup and 5zip at mmm store was discounted also, anybody know if oki removes VAT from orders ? store is closed now can't call

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^you with your girl at club quarters in downtown last week?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
no clue what you're talking about
wink.gif
why you ask i thought S was in chi town, so that taxi thing was true ??

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea if it's advisable to size down as much as possible with odyn vovk tanks, a la RO?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's wedding season, which means there's a new wedding photo album surfacing on Facebook each week. Those are enough to make me think that we should scrap the tradition of giving the groomsmen gifts and instead, pay for part (or all) of the cost to put them in H&M suits. Not the greatest suits, but they'd look dozens of times better than these tuxedo monstrosities I'm seeing. And at least they'd get to keep the suit.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Ugh, so much pastels and mens warehouse fits. I hope I'm never asked to wear a seafoam green waistcoat.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's so bad. lady fitted me in a jacket 2 sizes bigger than normal for a wedding last year. so irritating. she basically called me stupid for demanding my regular sized jacket. i helped my friend pick the ensemble that was real clean and simple, so the overall effect was pretty good for being Mens Wearhouse

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
I hope I'm never asked to wear a seafoam green waistcoat.
Band of Outsiders, Spring/Summer 2011. You heard it here first.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried on my first pair of APCs today. fits like a glove, really near perfect fit. wish i got these for my first pair of raws instead of my ******* slim jims

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Wait till they stretch.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics