• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim help from other skinny guys

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christobevii3
you might consider trying some of the skinnier naked and famous cuts.

Yeah I'd endorse these. Or Levi's since they have jeans that are about as skinny as it gets.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might want to try Grim Tims. I've tried many jeans and, since I have skinny thighs, it's hard to find one that fits in the thighs. Grim Tims have the skinniest thighs I've seen, but they don't give me the skinny look. Then again, I'm more than a few inches taller, and wider than you are, though still relatively skinny.

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
6'0 and 130lbs, petit standard is the to-go choice

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Dior 19cm are basically like straight-legs on me. They'd be an excellent choice if you're skinny.

YoPete525

Reaction score
Your first problem with the Skinnies in your picture is that you've sized them too long in length. Cuff them or hem them and post another picture.

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoPete525
Your first problem with the Skinnies in your picture is that you've sized them too long in length. Cuff them or hem them and post another picture.

They don't offer them in another length when you order a 28 waist size.

I ordered a pair of 25 APC New Standards, so I'll see how those fit when they come in. I think the gap one's could work, but I'm just not into the rise on them and they could be a bit tighter in the waist. I haven't returned them yet, so if you want to see what they'd look like cuffed I can post one tomorrow.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'9" and, well, I don't know how much I weigh. But I remember being shocked at weighing 130lbs because I usually weigh 5 or 10 pounds less. Anyways, I recommend Thin Finn, I love the way they fit me. Also, Ande Whall makes a GREAT pair of jeans, I'm bottom heavy (27-28w is bottom heavy when you have a 32 chest) so I wear grifters but if you've got skinnier legs than I do try Rakers. They go down to size like 26 or something and they are intensely slim. I am wearing 29 grifters so I can sag, but they fit about the same to 27 Nudies or 28 Levis. These are my Thin Finn fit, I just love these to death. They cost ~$200, but you can probably find on sale for 150 for less and they are DEFINITELY worth it.
Yh5Rv.jpg

YoPete525

Reaction score
Originally Posted by v1100110
They don't offer them in another length when you order a 28 waist size.

Which model did you order? On the website, it lists lengths 28, 30, and 32 available for the rigid rinse.

Gagno905

Reaction score
5'8-5'9, 120 here. Just got a pair of PS in 26 (normally 28) and they're nice so far. My calves were a bit tight but they've stretched so much in 2 days of wear. Nice fitting jeans.

For the slim-straight, not skinny look, try some nudie slim jims in 27 or 28. I've owned the aforementioned Julian Red Hobokens too, solid jeans with a higher rise than everything else mentioned here. I sized a 28 in them too.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing that could throw this off is your age. I would say if you are in high school, you should probably max out at APC price range. There is a mind blowing amount of denim out there, so make it easy on yourself and set a budget to stay focused. The Gap's might have been $80 so your budget is almost there already.

Secondly, skinny is cool. You are right. Under BMI / under weight isn't quite so cool. If you are young and aren't already, take advantage of it and stay physically fit. I'm not saying you should become a beast, but simple body weight exercises could provide a 2 year challenge and get you into healthy BMI range. Finding clothes that fit will get easier for the next 60 years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads