• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim help from other skinny guys

word

Reaction score
Somet 008

Those lucky jeans are eating you alive. Make it stop.

skinnyman

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one's told him to go eat a sammich yet!

Originally Posted by aeglus
Sorry to come off as a dick but do you have some sort of illness? 115 pounds at 5'7" is heavily underweight and must be pretty unhealthy. I heavily suggest trying to gain weight, even seeing a doctor about your problem. Even BB1 is huge compared to you.

Yeah you're a dick
smile.gif
You're right though, I remember comparing myself on a BMI chart (I'm also 5'7" 115 lbs) and I am technically underweight. Not by too much though if I remember correctly. I don't know, I think if you're otherwise healthy and aren't starving yourself, it's not something I'd worry about, it'll probably even itself out as you get older.

APC NS is definitely a good place to start, you may just need to wait for someone to restock in order to find a size 26. I think those Gap skinnys look good though, I'm curious, what exactly don't you like about them?

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattt
Don't worry, there are tons of jeans for skinny folk. Like mentioned above, APC New Cure/Petite Standards would be a good cheap start.
APC's are Cheap? Damn you SF people. lol

Originally Posted by BB1
Experiment with sizing down in the waist until you get the fit you desire in the thighs and legs. My jeans collection has a large variation between the tightest and loosest waists. That's because I tend to size for the overall look in the legs and only consider the waist fit as secondary. This is a case where I've found working backwards from conventional wisdom is often best.
Try some Japanese brands-- the thighs are nearly always far smaller than what you'll find sold here.

Sizing down in the waist isn't really an option since I can barely find jeans that even come in 28. I've never seen jeans come in anything smaller than that unless they're asshole-sized like the APC's.

What are some Japanese brands to start with?

Originally Posted by aeglus
Sorry to come off as a dick but do you have some sort of illness? 115 pounds at 5'7" is heavily underweight and must be pretty unhealthy. I heavily suggest trying to gain weight, even seeing a doctor about your problem. Even BB1 is huge compared to you.
It's not that bad. I'm pretty happy with the way I look, just hard finding clothes. Just a skinny guy. Skinny is cool.

Originally Posted by word
Somet 008

Those lucky jeans are eating you alive. Make it stop.

HAHA. I'M TRYING, OK

Originally Posted by skinnyman
I'm surprised no one's told him to go eat a sammich yet!

Yeah you're a dick
smile.gif
You're right though, I remember comparing myself on a BMI chart (I'm also 5'7" 115 lbs) and I am technically underweight. Not by too much though if I remember correctly. I don't know, I think if you're otherwise healthy and aren't starving yourself, it's not something I'd worry about, it'll probably even itself out as you get older.

APC NS is definitely a good place to start, you may just need to wait for someone to restock in order to find a size 26. I think those Gap skinnys look good though, I'm curious, what exactly don't you like about them?

The Gap jeans are actually a little loose for 28's, I'm also not in love with the rise. If I already had one pair of jeans I liked with a normal rise I might keep them, but I'm just on a mission right now for something I can dress up more.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to urban outfitters. You will probably find some skinny jeans there in your size.

In fact, go buy the unbranded brand jeans and be a guinea pig for us.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
PC NS will be too big in the thigh and lower leg for him, and will have an odd-feeling rise until he washes them after a good wear, and the front gets strunched down. The small sizes like 25 and 26 feel like they have tiny waistband, big hip feel.

I have massively skinny thighs as well, my philosophy has always been to just size to my lower leg and not my thighs, which would kill balance. At 5'7, 115, I'd do APC NC or PS, maybe Julian Red Hoboken as the other guy said, maybe Dior 19cm's in sz 26 with some work on the lower legs (like a few inches hemmed off and perhaps slight taper)... etc, etc. Maybe Uniqlo T-000, but I don't like low-rise jeans that much personally.

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Go to urban outfitters. You will probably find some skinny jeans there in your size.

In fact, go buy the unbranded brand jeans and be a guinea pig for us.

Not really looking for skinny jeans, just jeans for skinny people. The unbranded jeans look interesting and they do have my size on the site in slim straight. I will go and see if they have them at the store here.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'7, a little under 130, and I too will recommend the APCs. Just wear a belt so the waist doesn't stretch way out.

The Japanese brands recommendation has me curious though--does anyone here wear this sort of size in those brands? What can you tell us? Of course, for the OP, if APCs seem expensive, the Japanese ones are out of the question, I suppose.

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
APC NS will be too big in the thigh and lower leg for him, and will have an odd-feeling rise until he washes them after a good wear, and the front gets strunched down. The small sizes like 25 and 26 feel like they have tiny waistband, big hip feel.

I have massively skinny thighs as well, my philosophy has always been to just size to my lower leg and not my thighs, which would kill balance. At 5'7, 115, I'd do APC NC or PS, maybe Julian Red Hoboken as the other guy said, maybe Dior 19cm's in sz 26 with some work on the lower legs (like a few inches hemmed off and perhaps slight taper)... etc, etc. Maybe Uniqlo T-000, but I don't like low-rise jeans that much personally.

Why are the PS's so hard to find? It doesn't even look like any place ever had them in a 26.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by v1100110
Why are the PS's so hard to find? It doesn't even look like any place ever had them in a 26.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665

their stock is getting low right now, they'll probably have a full run (all the way down to 25) on the next restock (dunno when that will be though, try emailing them if you want, their customer service is great)

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well if you're happy with where you are, I'd suggest sizing down on a pair of Uniqlo T-000s. It will be a perfect fit.

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665

their stock is getting low right now, they'll probably have a full run (all the way down to 25) on the next restock (dunno when that will be though, try emailing them if you want, their customer service is great)

Awesome, thanks!
I'm sort of on the fence about the PS's vs the NS's now that I've looked at some fit pics though. The NS's are more of what I'm looking for, but I doubt they'll look the same on me as the people I'm seeing pictures of. I'm probably going to order something tonight.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by v1100110
Awesome, thanks!
I'm sort of on the fence about the PS's vs the NS's now that I've looked at some fit pics though. The NS's are more of what I'm looking for, but I doubt they'll look the same on me as the people I'm seeing pictures of. I'm probably going to order something tonight.

new cure might work better on you then, on skinny people, they tend to look alot nicer. if you go through the pages of the APC thread there are alot of fit pics, but they take a while to find.

also, read the last 5 or so pages of the APC thread for sizing info. they stretch anywhere from 2 to 4 inches in the waist depending on the size, and about an inch in the legs.

BlueWord

Reaction score
I'm 6'1, 145-155 lbs, depending on the season (cardio or lifting, also known as Spring/Summer, Fall/Winter).

As a lot of people in this thread have made apparent, there are really a lot of options, but you're generally going to have a hard time with mall brands (this extends beyond denim, into most everything; if you're skinny, and you want something that fits, expect to pay more). On a budget, the 511 is probably your best option; 514 has this ridiculous flare out at the knee, and this rise is so short it makes you feel like they're falling off.

My personal recommendation, though, is APC. I like the fit of the NS, personally, but the PS and NC offer varying degrees of tightness, depending on what you're going for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads