• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the RRL chinos I've seen are much bigger (inseam and waist) than tagged.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The chinos are def vanity sized.
I own 3 pairs and they are all 30x30 (waist measures out to a 32).

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
All the RRL chinos I've seen are much bigger (inseam and waist) than tagged.

Interesting- when I was at a RL store trying on RRL chinos last fall, the one that -fit- best was "true to size". I didn't have a tape measure, just various pairs and a mirror. Presumably ymmv.

Wazmo

Reaction score
The answer to the chino question is as follows: you will want to buy a size down if you can fit into them. They will stretch and will stretch anywhere from a size to two sizes. When they are washed they will go back to original size, but not shrink smaller. Your true size will fit and you will love them, but very shortly you will wish you had sized down. And by very shortly I mean an hour or so.

benchan

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the quality and fit of the China made RRL deck khakis(the one with "thin" belt loops)? I am a bit uncertain on paying about 120 USD for a relatively relaxed fit khakis

abprules

Reaction score
We sell RRL in our store on eBay. We've been selling for over 7 years and pride ourselves in only sell authentic items. Please check us out, let us know you are from here and we can give you discounts!!
Thanks for looking and thanks for making this forum great!

www.ShopEBlairClothing.com

mikeharo

Reaction score
RRL at RL La Jolla - picked up a great t shirt and flannel yesterday - they said they have been begging for it and finally got it - good selection: jeans, bags, belts, a few different Ts, a bunch of flannels and a really nice canvas jacket - have at it

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey guys, sort of an unusual question here - speaking of vanity sized. i have a pair of selvage RRL's (slim straight) that are tagged as 27 x 34, but the waist measures out to 34". now i've heard of vanity sizing but this is ridiculous
lol8[1].gif
i'm a 32" waist and i actually like the way it fits me in the seat and through the leg, so i'd rather not return or sell them. so i'm thinking about giving it a go with soaking it and maybe putting it in the dryer to shrink it. they are completely non-distressed, but not stiff either, so i suspect it's washed. workable, or waste of time?

tokyonate

Reaction score
Anyone had any luck finding RRL in TJ/Marshalls? I wonder if it will be unloaded all over the country or in specific areas?

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HRoi, a lot of the older RRL's are that ridiculously sized. Also, check if they're women's or not? Most of the women's jeans I've seen run that big for some reason.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks djh...i was pretty sure that they were men's jeans, but now that you mention it....does anyone know how to tell for certain?

also, how much would these shrink by if washed/dried? if there was a chance they'd shrink 1.5 - 2" then i'd give it a shot. otherwise i'll just sell or return

Freddyfisk

Reaction score
Hmm sizing seems to be tricky with RRL. I just bought my first pair, straight lows, and went with 29x30, i wear 29 in APC NS, what do you guys think? Will they fit?

yerrow

Reaction score
if it started out life as a 27....then its a womens RRl denim piece. a few years back they made a line of womens rrl denim that started at 24 waist and went up to a 32.

don't worry about wearing womens jeans...all the cool dudes do it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads