• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

bbhewee

Reaction score
I do. Absolutely love them... The color is spot on.

redwing-wabasha-boat-shoe-japan-01.jpg

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how's the quality of the leather? i've been deciding between these and a pair of quoddys, the chromexcel on the latter is quite comfortable and breaks in beautifully.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Quite frankly the leather is excellent and holds beautifully. Not too tough but rugged enough for a pair of Red Wings. I'd think they would hold up better than Chromexcel tbh.

Christobevii3

Reaction score
Went to get new shoelaces for my red wings since they were already failing at 6 months. To my surprise you get them free at the store! Update shot, click to enlarge

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these are perfectly broken in. do u wear them in the summer?

Originally Posted by Christobevii3
Went to get new shoelaces for my red wings since they were already failing at 6 months. To my surprise you get them free at the store!

Update shot, click to enlarge

Christobevii3

Reaction score
Yes, I've been wearing them roughly 5 days a week since I got them in january.

Thinking about getting a more rounded toe boot in brown. I have a pair of wolverine ascot boots in black so I need a more casual black boot and a fancier brown. Can't decide if iron ranger in brown or wolverine 1000 mile atm.

bearlydavid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christobevii3
Went to get new shoelaces for my red wings since they were already failing at 6 months. To my surprise you get them free at the store!

Update shot, click to enlarge

Did you put some kind of treatment on them? Like SnoSeal or something similar?

Christobevii3

Reaction score
I'd just damp a little mink oil on a rag and wipe them down every now and then when dusty or looking dry. They're the darker copper boot.

tigerx

Reaction score
Hi, so i just purchased my first pairs of RW boots last week. I got the Beckman style in black (which look identical to the GT imo)

here's the link:
http://www.rwleatherboots.com/leathe...-beckman-black

and i have some question:
- if someone who own both the beckman and the GT could tell me the different between the twos?
- i'm planning on wearing these for everyday (including winter) how should i maintain it?

p.s. i was told RW fit bigger then my timberlands (earthkeeper), but when i purchase it i still went with the same size as my tims...is that normal?
eh.gif

bbhewee

Reaction score
The Beckman and the GT are the same shoe AFAIK.

redwinglover

Reaction score
the earthkeepers have a more roomy toe than the gts, i think its normal.
the gts are not for big foot like the earthk.

tigerx

Reaction score
thanks.

any tip on how to keep them looking good? like i say i will probably wear these everyday, during Canadian winter as well.

Lz_69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
Any body get pains in their foot when wearing these boots? Its just happened all of a sudden with me and only with my left foot
ce52.png
It happened around 3 months of wear, so they have prettym uch softened up. Just at the part where to foot bends I get a pain there. Ive tried loosening/tightening, readjusting the tongue etc. I gave the boots a rest for a week and I wore them fine but the next day I wore thin socks and I got the pains again, even if I change to thicker socks. These are for 875s btw

That's called bite and usually with d ring boots you could try 2-1-3 lacing pattern to reduce it and I imagine it would work with the eyelets on your 875's as well. http://98.143.116.38/faq.asp#eight

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads