• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to do in Orange County / L.A.

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here visiting my brother and the nephews for the week. This must be my seventh or eighth time here, but I've never really taken the time to check out "the scene". Mainly interested in where the youth go; interesting neighbourhoods, coffee shops, hipster hangouts, music venues, etc. I've got a car at my disposal, but probably shouldn't take whole day trips by myself.

ErnestoG.

Reaction score
try and bang the hot members of real houswives of orange county

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
go visit the home of BDC in Tustin.
plain.gif
I don't really ever go to coffee shops, hipster hangouts, or music venues so I'm not of much help. When going out I typically do so in Newport. I always have a good time there and spent this past Saturday bar hopping in Newport. Also, where specifically are you at to see if there's anything nearby?

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^well, that's one celebrity landmark i'll have to cross from my bucket list. you make it sound so anticlimactic.
It's intentional. You and your kind have already taken over Irvine. Just trying to preserve the turf.
smile.gif
devil.gif

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my kind?

Flip floppers. Those that can't make a decision, particularly when behind the wheel, that make it hell out there on the roads.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
everyone "young" in OC hangs out in fake mini-malls like The Lab (aka "the Anti-Mall") or the Irvine Spectrum. or the beach.

Or just hang out in Balboa Island in Newport Beach. There's also Downtown Fullerton which has a bunch of bars, its a college runoff scene from Cal State Fullerton. All the cougars hang out in Corona Del Mar. Or the Foxfire in Anaheim Hills (which is pretty famous for that if you're into that).

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess the OC is kind of suburban and family-oriented, huh? I'll check out Newport.

I discovered the LA and OC Weekly magazines. Think I'll pick a few concerts in their listings and hit those up.

Keep the suggestions coming! And if anyone wants to grab a drink or see a show, hit me up. You can gawk at the fit of my APC jeans while I explain the existential torment I went through during law school. My bro and his wife are pretty busy with the kids.

P.S. I'm in Dana Point / Laguna Beach.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of the concerts are at the Detroit Bar.

Go to www.orangecounty.com its a blog with events you see in the OC Weekly too.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
meet up with the local SF crowd and take artistic photos of your baller sneaker collections

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-go to an angels game. They are in town through the weekend. I was gonna take my lady friend

-huntington beach is a fun scene. stake out a fire pit for us at like 6 am and we can have an SF coookout at night. I do NOT recommend going on the 4th though.

-fullertons cool if your into that.

- jordin sparks is playing at the grove on friday...
plain.gif

- go to the tide pools at dana point (i think). been meaning to check that out. Heard they're pretty cool.

- Nixon presidential library. Just looked it up today actually. Seems pretty neat.

- craigslist casual encounters

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads