• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ beatwear, paul smith on sale, maybe All Saints but I don't know what their quality is like.

Basically, you want a sleek last with a very small or nonexistent welt, which will conform a little better to the jean silhouette and avoid seeming stuffy.

gwydion

Reaction score
Any suggestions for
Drop crotch pants.? The cheaper the better

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chris3
I am looking for a casual pair of leather shoes/boots to wear mainly with dark jeans around $250-$300. Having trouble finding the right look. Do not want anything too bulky or shiny. thanks

DBs?

Katahdin's? (a bit bulky)

Something blake-stitched (and don't spit-shine it)--this is getting into your price range.

phonics

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a basic jacket to wear with t-shirts/shirts and jeans (something casual that I can wear to dive bars)?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm a denim guy that needs a pair of relatively cheap slim cut trousers for a wedding, need suggestions, have no idea where to start

chris3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
DBs?

Katahdin's? (a bit bulky)

Something blake-stitched (and don't spit-shine it)--this is getting into your price range.

Thanks for the suggestions. I quite like the Katahdins but I live in the UK and don't want to order without trying them on. Is there anything similar to this boot that could be available in the UK apart from the Red Wing boot?

emoney231

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get some decent but cheap plaid dress shirts or flannels? Preferably under 50-100 dollars.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any good sneakers (or even boots or shoes) with dark green or olive colorways?

BENhemian

Reaction score
I'm looking for a flannel shirt but haven't really found anything in the clothing stores I normally peruse at.
Would looking at a outdoor/work-clothing store be worthwhile or are those not suited to casual wear about the place?

Rolfi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phonics
Can someone recommend a basic jacket to wear with t-shirts/shirts and jeans (something casual that I can wear to dive bars)?

check back a page the baracuta G9 might fit your bill, or just go to your local mall and find something there. looking at your criteria it should be really easy to find something there for cheap

Originally Posted by jaychiz
i'm a denim guy that needs a pair of relatively cheap slim cut trousers for a wedding, need suggestions, have no idea where to start

wear a suit to wedding, don't be 'that guy'

Originally Posted by emoney231
Does anyone know where I can get some decent but cheap plaid dress shirts or flannels? Preferably under 50-100 dollars.

what is a plaid dress shirt? that doesn't even make any sense. my guess is a simple button down plaid shirt. look for you local H&M. or if you want something of higher quality look at the affiliate stores, they sometimes have stuff on sale at your price range

Originally Posted by BENhemian
I'm looking for a flannel shirt but haven't really found anything in the clothing stores I normally peruse at.
Would looking at a outdoor/work-clothing store be worthwhile or are those not suited to casual wear about the place?

same as above

emoney231

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rölfi

what is a plaid dress shirt? that doesn't even make any sense. my guess is a simple button down plaid shirt. look for you local H&M. or if you want something of higher quality look at the affiliate stores, they sometimes have stuff on sale at your price range

The local H&M only sells clothes for women and children, I was hoping for an online store.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking for a bucket hat. i was looking at the denim mmm one but im not sold...yet
any recommendations?

Rolfi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emoney231
The local H&M only sells clothes for women and children, I was hoping for an online store.

how many shirts were you planning on buying?

farnsworth

Reaction score
First time poster here...

I just wanted to find a good brand that's fit for bigger men. I'm muscular/bulky and I just can't brands like Zara or Uniqlo. Any other more muscular men out there that have found a good fitting brand? Or maybe you could suggest me a size in a particular brand that will fit well (like an xl at Uniqlo or something)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads