• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
jjl5000, forgot to ask: are those on the 606 or 888?

888 which is probably my favorite of the EG lasts.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
Agreed!
fistbump.gif

Several of my MTOs have been influenced by your bespoke creations
worship.gif

cool i will be looking forward to seeing the rest of them
smile.gif

Horatio

Reaction score
I just couldn't resist the Markowski summer sale, recent arrivals:

1.jpg

2_side.jpg

2_waist.jpg

Cheers

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Horatio

1.jpg

I like the look of these, how's the construction?

Horatio

Reaction score

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Horatio

2_waist.jpg

Cheers

Love the one with side laces and pegged waist, is it available in shop in Paris or online?
Thanks

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It makes me very happy to see Mannina get some love in this thread. I bought a pair a couple of years ago and they were 415 Euros at that time - Goodyear welted and entirely handmade. There weren't any pieces of machinery in his workshop, if I remember correctly.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
888 which is probably my favorite of the EG lasts.

Got it, must be my D width pair that's messing with my perception of the toe shape on yours.

Gladstonecombo1.jpg

Just realized: that's not their current nail pattern is it? Is the lining very light blue or grey?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We need to start a boring shoe thread. These shoes are giving me a headache.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.

Hope it continues, just enough for you to start another thread in which you go apeshit. Please booze up and start rant.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought that's what WAYWRN is for?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Hope it continues, just enough for you to start another thread in which you go apeshit. Please booze up and start rant.

Well my “shoe people” thread was a targeted strike at the issue but I guess it did not have the potency that I thought.

Here is my issue. Expensive shoes are an affordable luxury – they sit around a price point that given a certain level of income are accessible to just about everyone. The problem is instead of investing in expensive quality shoes that will withstand trends or fads people go apeshit and buy things with buttons, side laces, butterfly fronts, two-or-three tone, green, blue, purple suede, etc. In other words, I see a lot of it as throwing good money away. And I’m not speaking about this from an ivory tower, I’ve done it myself with regret.

My advice is this – next time your faced with a “great” buying opportunity for a pair of purple suede shoes - stop, think and step away. Do this three or four times in a row and then use the combined money to buy a pair of Lobb City II or EG Westminsters. You’ll thank me in the long run.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Here is my issue. Expensive shoes are an affordable luxury - they sit around a price point that given a certain level of income are accessible to just about everyone. The problem is instead of investing in expensive quality shoes that will withstand trends or fads people go apeshit and buy things with buttons, side laces, butterfly fronts, two-or-three tone, green, blue, purple suede, etc. In other words, I see a lot of it as throwing good money away. And I'm not speaking about this from an ivory tower, I've done it myself with regret.

Very well put. People do the same thing with suits, shirts, ties etc. They will, on a limited budget, commission lots of seasonal stuff or stuff with super bold patterns or delicate fabrics before establishing a foundation of basics in their wardrobe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads