• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can write a book on my trials and tribulations of trying to sell/buy on sufu.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As an aside, if anyone wants the user ID of the dude who flaked, PM me. I won't fire shots in public, but I'll disclose in private, just so others can be aware of a potential flaker down the road.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
Speaking of SuFu transactions, I sold a guy a pair of CP safari boots a few weeks back, and he got them and guess he didn't like them so he was trying to resell them. He PMs me last night or this morning telling me that I sold him samples and he's hosed about it. Sounds fishy, but maybe Oki-Ni sold me samples.

Nah, don't sweat it. Dude is probably full of ****. Like the time i sold a drkshdw jacket on ebay. I described the color as a black/charcoal with hints of blue/green and said it's hard to describe but overall looks dark and black to most. The guy got the jacket and claimed it was very green and that it smelled really bad both which were lies. Though i accepted a return on the item with him paying for shipping because i feared him taking advantage of how ****** ebay is to sellers and just getting a chargeback and just keeping the jacket and me getting fucked. I ended up selling it for more than he paid the next auction so i lucked out

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
Yeah, I feel you. It happened to me a lot, but all the dudes I've completed transactions on here with have been really easy to deal with.

This is kinda unrelated but I feel bad for you, asobu. You have nice things in your thread I would be all over it if sizes were smaller.

diamonds

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
Speaking of SuFu transactions, I sold a guy a pair of CP safari boots a few weeks back, and he got them and guess he didn't like them so he was trying to resell them. He PMs me last night or this morning telling me that I sold him samples and he's hosed about it. Sounds fishy, but maybe Oki-Ni sold me samples.

probably was surprised that the model number was on the outside... haha

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
i hate the "can you hold X until Friday?" i've done that twice and have gotten burned. turned away prospective buyers while waiting for money that never arrives. never again unless i've done business with people before, which i have an uncanny ability to remember that kind of stuff.

Happened to me with a pretty popular poster here/sufu (he pm'd me on sufu). I held an item for about a week on a promise he'd "pay Friday," didn't bump my threads and told people who pm'd me they were sold because someone was taking them on Friday. Didn't pay and responded to my message Sunday or Monday saying he thinks they're too big... I think that's the worst kind of flaking, when you miss out on possible sales because you're holding something for someone who promises to pay and doesn't...

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Oh, I know it happens here. It just hasn't happened to me recently. I didn't want anyone who I've interacted with via PM the last couple of weeks to think I was referring to them. Except for the dude who told me he was sending payment for something in the next day and then stopped responding to messages, even though he's logged in every day since.
Love this. I know you can see these PMs, prickless!
Originally Posted by Razele
Most of it is crap though. SuFu could be alot better. The marketplace has alot of people on it and I do find things I like.
Too much of a hassle going through Supermarket. Used to check it periodically, but now it's maybe one in 100 threads have anything that interests me and one in twenty of those at reasonable prices, plus it moves too fast to get past the first page without having new threads/bumps shift everything around. Haven't checked SuFu Supermarket in months, and have no plans to do so (actually, I haven't checked SuFu at all in months
laugh.gif
) Edit: UPS tracking is completely useless. My trench arrives tomorrow

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Indeed. Maybe it's just me, but even without the pop-up notification, I find it almost impossible to visit this forum and not quickly notice I have a new message.

Edit: Haha. Du (TM Jet) is in the Ask a Question thread now and talking about making cops.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I buy dress shirts? Like slim ones? For cheap? And in bulk?? Got these Brooks Brothers slim fit non-irons at $50 a pop, they look ridiculous with Jil Sander pants
1557af4.jpg
But at least decent under a suit
2afzfw6.jpg

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Where can I buy dress shirts? Like slim ones? For cheap? And in bulk?? Got these Brooks Brothers slim fit non-irons at $50 a pop, they look ridiculous with Jil Sander pants
Sadly those are the best option. I picked up several of those today for use as work beater shirts. I had to size way down to get a decent fit. btw I hate that damn Brooks Brothers downtown. They treat everyone like idiots and are always in a sour mood. They get feverish if you want to disassemble one of their shirts to try it on. It is really the only store in the city like that.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They have extra slims.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
They have extra slims.

I wish they had a better selection of these. There just aren't many styles available.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
jantzen will be way better than those for $50 a pop.

you have done this? did it turn out well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads