• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
$250 for EG boots? you're stretching your imagination too much
confused.gif
. It's a great deal for C&J already.

Oh, and will the C&J for RL shoes fit a size bigger than tagged the same as other RL shoes I've ordered? I usually buy a 9 but all they had was 8 and 10 so I went with the 8...

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
Oh, and will the C&J for RL shoes fit a size bigger than tagged the same as other RL shoes I've ordered? I usually buy a 9 but all they had was 8 and 10 so I went with the 8...

Shoe size there should be regular US size. I don't have experience with boots, but for other shoes, they're a bit of a narrow size, so I am afraid that their 8's will not fit your 9.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Shoe size there should be regular US size. I don't have experience with boots, but for other shoes, they're a bit of a narrow size, so I am afraid that their 8's will not fit your 9.

Hmm, well, I suppose I'll just wait and give them a try. Not worth canceling my order when the worst case scenario is being out return shipping. I do have a narrow heel, though. My only RL shoes are a pair of drivers (9) and a pair of Italian-made boots (8).

FWIW I'm a Prada 8, a Ferragamo 9 and a Barney's Coop 9.

intfxdx

Reaction score
I would like to buy a cashmere sweater, i found Polo label at a price 119 $ and Purple lable at a price $ 268 on ebay. which one is good value do you think ? I can afford purple label, do you think that it worth to pay for it ? or Polo is as good as Purple label ? Thanks

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Polo Ralph Lauren tailor clothing from the Made In USA (union label, etc) era is full canvassed or half canvassed like the current made in Italy offerings?

intfxdx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
Does anyone know if the Polo Ralph Lauren tailor clothing from the Made In USA (union label, etc) era is full canvassed or half canvassed like the current made in Italy offerings?

I bought a PRL made in the USA suit on ebay, i am told (on this forum) that they are full canvassed. I have the suit but i don't know how to understand if it's full canvassed. I have also a PRL made in italy suit (corneliani), i like it more than made in the USA one. I hope that it's useful for you.

Pharrell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
I would like to buy a cashmere sweater, i found Polo label at a price 119 $ and Purple lable at a price $ 268 on ebay. which one is good value do you think ? I can afford purple label, do you think that it worth to pay for it ? or Polo is as good as Purple label ? Thanks
I don't know about Purple Label but Polo cable cashmere sweaters I have are really nice and soft to the touch. I even like those more than my Bottega Veneta and Ballantyne cashmeres Also they retail for around $400 so $119 is not a bad deal imho

intfxdx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pharrell
I don't know about Purple Label but Polo cable cashmere sweaters I have are really nice and soft to the touch. I even like those more than my Bottega Veneta and Ballantyne cashmeres
Also they retail for around $400 so $119 is not a bad deal imho

Thanks Pharrell, as you said i would go for 2 polo cable cashmere sweaters than one purple label. I am also surprised that from descriptions (sellers indicate sizing) on ebay polo label seems to me more slimmer that purple label but according to RL website purple label is more slimmer.

Matt S

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777

The ones made in the late 90s were half canvas but full canvas before that.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
My PRL shirts, purchased in retail shops here in Europe, have the label "Polo by Ralph Lauren" like the label on more or less all PRL clothes, e.g. the cashmere sweaters. Most shirts I see on eBay and ralphlauren.com though, i.e. shirts mainly sold in the US, have a label with only "Ralph Lauren" and a pony. Does anyone know why? I can find the exact same classic Oxford shirt in my closet and on ralphlauren.com, but with slightly different labels...

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
My PRL shirts, purchased in retail shops here in Europe, have the label "Polo by Ralph Lauren" like the label on more or less all PRL clothes, e.g. the cashmere sweaters. Most shirts I see on eBay and ralphlauren.com though, i.e. shirts mainly sold in the US, have a label with only "Ralph Lauren" and a pony. Does anyone know why? I can find the exact same classic Oxford shirt in my closet and on ralphlauren.com, but with slightly different labels...

Example:

The "American" label

The label I've come across in European retail (but obviously also at ralphlauren.com)

patch[1].gif

beerbudget

Reaction score
I have 3 pair of Purple label pants purchased approx. 4 year ago. On two pair the white tag indicates made by Cantarelli, one pair has no white tag. My question is are all odd pants made by Cantarelli? Also does anyone know who makes Purple label cashmere sweaters, also the cotton sweaters?

BABuckeye

Reaction score

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BABuckeye
My SA just told me that the RL "made in USA" longwings and chukkas are made by Allen Edmonds. I asked whether he meant Alden, and he said he was sure it was AE.

I've owed AE years ago. They are fine, but I would rank them below the other manufacturers that RL has used in recent years, like Crockett and Jones. Too bad.

RL has been using many obscured shoemakers even for their Purple Label line.

Montauk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BABuckeye
My SA just told me that the RL "made in USA" longwings and chukkas are made by Allen Edmonds. I asked whether he meant Alden, and he said he was sure it was AE.

I've owed AE years ago. They are fine, but I would rank them below the other manufacturers that RL has used in recent years, like Crockett and Jones. Too bad.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

Interesting. That does indeed appear to be a 360 degree welt...

In any case, that's one helluva longwing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads