• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Trolls trolling trolls

this is pretty much where styleforum is at right now

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
this is pretty much where styleforum is at right now
Holla that So many alt accounts its crazy Even 3 wolf moon is like "3Wolf? No guys I don't know what you are talking about. Here is some native american bling I might buy, what you think?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Perhaps "those in the know" shall form a council + ivory tower from which they can grace the peasants with their unbridled knowledge

After all, you have to be completely immersed and infinitely knowledgeable about fashion to be able to tell if a shirt fits properly

Lol u guys

I'm sure if ppl agreed with u, but were equally clueless, you'd take no issue w/the same people's opinions. But since there's disagreement, it must be because people know nothing about fashion lol

I love this place

Give it a year then look back at yourself.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Perhaps "those in the know" shall form a council + ivory tower from which they can grace the peasants with their unbridled knowledge

After all, you have to be completely immersed and infinitely knowledgeable about fashion to be able to tell if a shirt fits properly

Lol u guys

I'm sure if ppl agreed with u, but were equally clueless, you'd take no issue w/the same people's opinions. But since there's disagreement, it must be because people know nothing about fashion lol

I love this place

Well there are some people whose opinion I value more, is that abnormal or something?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why it's so hard for some to recognize the fact that opinions by those who are vastly more knowledgable about fashion mean a hell of a lot more than someone who, as chrono said through jd, just copped APCs and an OCBD. If you're rocking Costco brand shirts, good for you and I may come to you for info on how to tailor a shirt but I'm not that interested in what you have to say about fashion. As with all other fields, experience trumps all.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is it that it's always the idiots who assume they're the smartest around? I guess it would take a smart person to recognize real intelligence/expertise.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
why is it that it's always the idiots who assume they're the smartest around? I guess it would take a smart person to recognize real intelligence/expertise.

I don't think anyone said they were the smartest around and that includes the people I am disagreeing with...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist

Originally Posted by telemark
Knowledgeable or deluded?

case in point, someone deluded by workwear talking **** on designer

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
actually staying in bloomington, but we did have a nice afternoon in Indy.

literally live a stone's throw from the indy art museum. glad you enjoyed indy.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Even 3 wolf moon is like "3Wolf? No guys I don't know what you are talking about. Here is some native american bling I might buy, what you think?

hahaha I had the same thought

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I don't understand why it's so hard for some to recognize the fact that opinions by those who are vastly more knowledgable about fashion mean a hell of a lot more than someone who, as chrono said through jd, just copped APCs and an OCBD. If you're rocking Costco brand shirts, good for you and I may come to you for info on how to tailor a shirt but I'm not that interested in what you have to say about fashion. As with all other fields, experience trumps all.

+++++++

I don't think any of them have come within 50 miles of anything nice. So easy to talk when you have no exposure.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate to put myself on the same side of an argument with the dropkicks guy, but you are allowed to have an opinion on clothes without owning those clothes. Its a visual medium. Not saying its not worth knowing where an opinions coming from; just saying. Just bc you bought some drkshdw on yoox doesn't make you fashun expert either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads