• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing Slim Fit Trousers by Epaulet

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought two more today: seersucker and moleskin...plus a pair of Red Brick white bucks.
smile.gif
What can I say? I'm obsessed. - Keith

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Mike, got my 4 pairs of trousers today. Blue linen looks to be incredible as do the rest. Look forward to getting them hemmed and worn. Thanks!

Originally Posted by kgmessier
Just bought two more today: seersucker and moleskin...plus a pair of Red Brick white bucks.
smile.gif

What can I say? I'm obsessed.

- Keith

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! I'm thrilled that you's so pleased with the trousers. Come to Brooklyn someday and we'll take you on a serious Bourbon flight.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the Chambray and Ice Gingham trousers.
Really diggin both of them.

Debating on purchasing the Bordeaux poplins.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
Do any shorter people have experience with these? I'm 5'6" and wondering if the rise is too high for me.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey i'm wondering which is warmer out of the flannel and the moleskin? it's winter down here in NZ.

also will you be making any more colours? i'm pining for an olive green.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
hey i'm wondering which is warmer out of the flannel and the moleskin? it's winter down here in NZ.

also will you be making any more colours? i'm pining for an olive green.

Whoa, sorry for the late response on this. I'd say that both the Moleskin and Flannel are equally warm. Both are great for the winter. The flannel is more dressy if you need a trouser for work.

We just booked a quick re-stock on the UK Chambray trousers. I'll paste the links below. Within the next week, we'll get a full restock of the Tropical Wool (Walt & Rudy), and a size run of the Walt in Indigo Dyed Linen.

Chambray%20Trouser.jpg

Epaulet UK Chambray Walt Trouser (Size 30, 32, 33, 38): $165

Epaulet UK Chambray Rudy Trouser (Size 28, 30, 32, 33, 34, 36): $165

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We're going to try something new with our deadstock trouser production. I've got three bolts of gorgeous Italian tropical wool available - enough to make 12 pairs per color. I built a preorder section of our website where you can purchase the trousers without a specific size or fit. The idea is:

1. 12 units total can be purchased in each fabric. We'll have the preorder open until midnight, June 13th.

2. Interested customers can preorder the item in our shop. You'll purchase the item without any kind of sizing. After the payment goes through, please e-mail us your name and invoice number - along with what size (28, 30, 32, 33, 34, 36, 38) and fit (Walt, Rudy) that you want.

3. Once the preorder closes, we'll place the trouser order and cut the fabric exactly to match the preorders. They'll be delivered and ready to ship in about 3 weeks.

4. I'd like to avoid making these final sale. I know that it's tough to commit to a $185 item just off a 1000 pixel swatch of the fabric. However, if we end up taking a bunch of odd size returns which are hard to sell, then we won't be able to do that in the future. And size exchanges between customers will be mostly impossible as there won't be open stock.

So for this run the usual SF 14-day refund policy will apply. But I respectfully ask that you be pretty sure that you want the trousers if you place a preorder. If you already own a Walt or a Rudy trouser, then you can expect these to fit the same.

Let's see how it goes. We've got customers across a range of sizes and fits, so I think that this is a very fair way to give everyone a shot at these limited specialty fabrics. If it works, then we can do this for all kinds of fabrics - and make up a bunch of exclusive pieces just for the SF community.

Onto the fabrics! If you click through to the shop items, you can see a larger image of the fabric bolt.

Pearl%20Grey.jpg

Pearl Grey Tropical Wool Preorder: $185

Brown%20Olive.jpg

Brown/Olive Tropical Wool Preorder: $185
It's hard to see the exact color, but it's an awesome old-school tone that's between Brown and Olive. It's very 60's.

black%20trop%20wool.jpg

Black Tropical Wool Preorder: $185

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore the bordeaux trousers in NYC, but today was the first time wearing them around where I lived. As I anticipated, they garnered numerous comments. A few tongue-in-cheek remarks sprinkled in there, but a couple people earnestly told me they wish they could "wear something like that."

They held up mucho well in the humid summer temperatures we got smacked with this afternoon and evening.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A job for the remainder of the summer that requires dressier clothing meant some unexpected trouser purchasing from Epaulet. Nabbed the dark gray tropical wool and the cotton gabardine, both in the Walt fit.

I went with the wool pants based on my need for a dark pant that wouldn't leave me blistering in this humid weather. As promised, these seem ideal for warmer weather. I really dig the subtle pattern that's only visible at a close range.

The gabardine trousers came my way with the sunnier months in mind. Dark pants through July and August seems almost oppressive. I think Mike mentioned it when he introduced these, but pictures don't do the fabric and texture of this pair justice. That sounds cliche, but in this instance, it's the truth. Again, this is a subtle detail that's only apparent upon closer inspection. The softness is almost suede-like, albeit, not nearly as heavy.

There aren't many options for tailoring in my area, so I took them to a nearby men's shop. They've got a beautiful store with some good stuff (great looking fedoras, AE shoes, etc.). I've gotten some alterations done there before with good turnaround time and prices.

Unfortunately, they seemed almost turned off by the relative slimness of these trousers. As the tailor cuffed the pant leg, he asked, "Do you like them this tight?" I thought it was an odd remark, since there was plenty of room in the thigh and seat. Keep in mind, my rather odd bottom proportions have made me prejudice against any pants that are even snug. He also used the term "peg leg" several times when referring to the pants.

I didn't mind, though. I've had my share of trousers that have a silhouette closer to a track suit. I'm ready to move to something more fitted.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So unfortunately, I didn't realize how snug the thighs on the charcoal trousers are when I sit down. It's odd, because the gabardine in the same cut is absolutely fine when I'm seated. Perhaps it's the difference in material that's making for the slightly different fit. Stupidly, I got both pairs hemmed before realizing this, making it impossible to return the charcoal trousers.

That said, they're up for grabs. They've been hemmed to a 32", but that should work for most guys in a dress pant context. Been worn one time and still have the original tag with them. If you were thinking about picking these up and would need them hemmed, help a dude out and save a few bucks on a virtually unworn pair. Check the sig.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I wore the bordeaux trousers in NYC, but today was the first time wearing them around where I lived. As I anticipated, they garnered numerous comments. A few tongue-in-cheek remarks sprinkled in there, but a couple people earnestly told me they wish they could "wear something like that."

They held up mucho well in the humid summer temperatures we got smacked with this afternoon and evening.

I wore these nearly every single day in Los Angeles this past week. I rolled the cuffs to mid-shin and wore them with Alden snuff suede longwings. Somehow I was channeling my inner "Free and Easy."

No comments, but quite a few douches and douche-ettes gave me the stink eye.

Originally Posted by APK
A job for the remainder of the summer that requires dressier clothing meant some unexpected trouser purchasing from Epaulet. Nabbed the dark gray tropical wool and the cotton gabardine, both in the Walt fit.

I went with the wool pants based on my need for a dark pant that wouldn't leave me blistering in this humid weather. As promised, these seem ideal for warmer weather. I really dig the subtle pattern that's only visible at a close range.

The gabardine trousers came my way with the sunnier months in mind. Dark pants through July and August seems almost oppressive. I think Mike mentioned it when he introduced these, but pictures don't do the fabric and texture of this pair justice. That sounds cliche, but in this instance, it's the truth. Again, this is a subtle detail that's only apparent upon closer inspection. The softness is almost suede-like, albeit, not nearly as heavy.

There aren't many options for tailoring in my area, so I took them to a nearby men's shop. They've got a beautiful store with some good stuff (great looking fedoras, AE shoes, etc.). I've gotten some alterations done there before with good turnaround time and prices.

Unfortunately, they seemed almost turned off by the relative slimness of these trousers. As the tailor cuffed the pant leg, he asked, "Do you like them this tight?" I thought it was an odd remark, since there was plenty of room in the thigh and seat. Keep in mind, my rather odd bottom proportions have made me prejudice against any pants that are even snug. He also used the term "peg leg" several times when referring to the pants.

I didn't mind, though. I've had my share of trousers that have a silhouette closer to a track suit. I'm ready to move to something more fitted.

Our trouser workshop was the same. They always call the Walt a "skinny pant." The staff couldn't believe how slim they were, but the owner knew better. He's been making trousers for over 40 years, and saw them for what they are: a throwback to the 1960's when men wore tailored clothes that actually fit them.

Originally Posted by APK
So unfortunately, I didn't realize how snug the thighs on the charcoal trousers are when I sit down. It's odd, because the gabardine in the same cut is absolutely fine when I'm seated. Perhaps it's the difference in material that's making for the slightly different fit. Stupidly, I got both pairs hemmed before realizing this, making it impossible to return the charcoal trousers.

That said, they're up for grabs. They've been hemmed to a 32", but that should work for most guys in a dress pant context. Been worn one time and still have the original tag with them. If you were thinking about picking these up and would need them hemmed, help a dude out and save a few bucks on a virtually unworn pair. Check the sig.

The pant cut is always the same, but the overall fit can change a bit depending on the fabric. I'd say that you're on the edge of the Walt fit, so trousers done in finer, lighter fabrics like dress wool or linen will feel tighter.

Just dropped you a PM - we can work something out for you.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm reiterating my love for the poplin trousers. Hands down some of the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. That includes track pants.

I'm stuck working my reporting job for the city's big festival this weekend and it's in the 90's. I'm wearing the poplin joints with a slight roll (I am on the clock, after all) and paired with a light cotton, SS button-down, I'm swatting away this heat with ease.

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wish I saw this thread earlier because I have the same problem. Fit well when standing but way too tight when sitting down. I don't have this problem with the hopsack/linen trousers (which were my original purchases). I've had my tailor let them out but it's still no good so I'm SOL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads