• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide

H2T

Reaction score
Who makes RLPL ties? I just bought a 7 fold RLPL tie and its absolutely fab.

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
anyone know who is currently making the Ralph Lauren "made in USA" shoes?

usad.jpg

The web site hasn't changed in several years and the factory is now located in nearby Brewer www.highlandshoe.com

Taken Aback

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taken Aback
Call it enlightenment, or just a review, but I just noticed an interesting aspect of the American Living (PRL for JCP) vs actual PRL line similarities...

Yesterday, I was in a JCP and noticed that they had American Living shoes. Now, I generally don't buy PRL shoes, but I have looked at their styles. One AL style called "Calum" looked very familiar to me, but I couldn't say it was a PRL copy or not. Still, I tried them on, and they were pretty comfortable, and for less than $30, I thought "what the hell", and bought them.

When I came home I tried to see if the insole was removable, and although I can tell it wasn't meant to be (some glue, but very little) I was able to pull it out, and saw this:

I immediately thought "Counterfeits at JCP???", but then why even have PRL insoles on AL styles in the first place if they're glued in? I guessed the insoles could be PRL seconds they use for AL, but I still wonder where that "e" went.
confused.gif

I then looked at RL.com shoes, and saw the Keswick:

It's the same sole, and even the upper is similar. It seems Calum is a Keswick variant made by the same manufacturer, not just designed by RL's design team. I haven't yet looked at a pair of Keswicks in-store (assuming they're available in stores), but I want to see that insole.
smile.gif

All in all, my respect for AL just went up a bit.

I recently discovered that a rebranded Keswick was available at JCP as well, under the name "Aikin":

Keswicks are still available online for around $100, while the Aikins (if you can find them on clearance) are priced significantly less.

CHITON

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHITON
I recently bought a RLPL umbrella that is made in England. Does anyone know who the maker is? Thank you.

I figured out that the umbrella was made by Fox.

intfxdx

Reaction score
what do you think about polo ralph lauren loafer shoes made in italy ? most of them are in sale on amazon.com at price of 150-180 $ (original price 395-425 $ ). For price of 3, one can buy 1 Crockett and jones. 3 RL made in italy loafer or 1 CJ ?

Another question is which model of CJ is similar to RL Darlton loafer or wingtip, last 341 or 325 ? I love Darltons but they are too expensive. (for my budget)

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
what do you think about polo ralph lauren loafer shoes made in italy ? most of them are in sale on amazon.com at price of 150-180 $ (original price 395-425 $ ). For price of 3, one can buy 1 Crockett and jones. 3 RL made in italy loafer or 1 CJ ?

Another question is which model of CJ is similar to RL Darlton loafer or wingtip, last 341 or 325 ? I love Darltons but they are too expensive. (for my budget)

Italian loafers and shoes are great buys, some of my absolute favorites.

I've been happy with RL shoes across the board, Italian american or english made. Thought I havent yet tried EG other then simply trying them on in the store.

The EG 888 last is a bit more elegant then the stanton, IMO.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about this label?

Anyone have a clue about a black Ralph Lauren label that says :

Ralph Lauren
Collection Classics

Never seen that one!

Mike

johnteachl

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can any pros identify the maker of these loafers? The reason being, I am having some quailty issues (will make a new thread shortly after I take some pics) Other than the "Polo" on the sole and "Polo Ralph Lauren" inside no other markers, no made in ....

Thanks guys!

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Yes they are.

With the current coupon I got them for $250 shipped. Assuming that at retail C&Js like this (whether they're RL or not) would go for about $7-800?

Was sort of hoping they were the EG RL shoes, but I think I can live with C&J for that $$
wink.gif

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
With the current coupon I got them for $250 shipped. Assuming that at retail C&Js like this (whether they're RL or not) would go for about $7-800? Was sort of hoping they were the EG RL shoes, but I think I can live with C&J for that $$
wink.gif

$250 for EG boots? you're stretching your imagination too much
confused.gif
. It's a great deal for C&J already.

Captain Winky

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads