• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
My friend just moved to Korea to do that whole teacher scam thing that I think Aeglus is doing. He's gonna make some fat cash, since he doesn't really buy anything and his room and board is paid for. Drew should set up a similar internship program. Pay for your housing and be at his disposal at all hours so you can hit up the garment district and eat McChickens at four in the morning.

Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
I don't think they would let an intern cut sleeves, it would be more like beer/food runs, shoeshine *****, makeshift footstool, spittoon carrier, towel/water boy, foot and back rubs(way ****), I would probably brush Charly's teeth for him, and clip his toenails. You know, that sort of thing
devil.gif

Originally Posted by APK
Going through the ToJ thread, I know he definitely had periods where he got little to no sleep, and was living off beer and Coca-Cola.

Still, I'll bet if you asked him, he'd say he prefers the consuming nature of what he does versus an eight-hour desk jockey job.

It's on/off work nowadays, so some days are a lot of work, some days I can sit around. Helps that I have the patterns made and I've definitely got my textiles channels at my control now, I can drop into the market and be done in 15 minutes. I was out of the house for 2 hours today and we got our work done and in.
Still, it has been and still is for the fun, and so I try to get that out of it at least. I'm gonna move to Europe later this year and hope to add more to the toolbelt in terms of what I'm thinking and making.. I think that will help a lot.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn son

So does that mean TOJ becomes a European affair and the Korean chapter closes down?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Korean chapter will be alive and running as usual, dizzhizz and charly will still be on the ground here at the beginning to do the bread and butter stuff. I will be traversing around looking for great fabric and manufacturing connections so that TOJ can be made in Europe, and perhaps the whole family can come to Europe. Always a neutral viewpoint on nationality concept

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I left a pair of petite standards in a bucket of bleach overnight. Hopefully another day will even out the ridiculous splotches :-/

scribbles

Reaction score
we need a "things i slept on but now desperately need" thread

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Cotton-linen blend relaxed fit pants, essential for sweltering heat.
I'm jonesin for mobydick

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
we need a "things i slept on but now desperately need" thread

search for non purchases i regretted or something like that

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I think I'd rather go to Europe, but I've heard it's harder to get into

And I'm mad jealous you work for 4HM in high school

Yea, a friend was looking into it but said it was hard without connections or getting lucky in terms of a lot of people applying for not a lot of spots. I actually am interested in that and am strongly considering trying to get a teaching gig in europe either through an international school or teaching US students in large US military cities over there (a college therapist awhile back told me she used to work at one in the southwestern part of germany or something like that and that it was an awesome 18months). I dunno. Figure i wouldn't mind doing something pseudo-reckless like that before i'm 30. Would probably mean i'd have to leave whoever i'm dating at the time and whatever job i have but would be fun and i'd probably be qualified other than knowing more languages.

Definitely look into that if you want to. It's true there are more jobs to be had in korea and china. When i was in college and grad school i'd get fliers and emails for teaching in korea all the time

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinogj
The Nazis had the motherfucking best/coolest/most fashionable uniforms out of any armed forces in modern history.

**** man, the colonel in Inglorious Basterds was only outdone by the captain in Pan's Labyrinth. Gotta love Fascist military garb.

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
**** man, the colonel in Inglorious Basterds was only outdone by the captain in Pan's Labyrinth. Gotta love Fascist military garb.

The North Koreans should take notes. Disappointing by totalitarian standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads