• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The single DUMBEST thing you have ever done in your life...

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DUI? Cheating on your wife? Not pulling out? Discovering SF? up to this point in your life, what is the single dumbest thing you have ever done that you regret and wish you could do over again??? We want to learn from YOUR mistakes...

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
not really earth shattering but one of the most embarrassing moments in my life, that makes me cringe and shake my head every time i recall it, was a date in college. really cute girl, one of a pair of identical twins who cut quite the figure around campus: I didn't have any money. like, no money. I had about $30 and none of my pals had any cash to lend me, so i dug into my laundry drawer and pulled out about $15 in quarters. The bill came to like $38 and I had to pay the last $8 with that pile of ******* quarters. there was no second date.
facepalm.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
It's extremely hard to narrow it down to just one. Off the top of my head, this is definitely in my top ten:

Drove my first real car (a 1973 Dodge Dart) over a dirt bike jump at 50-60 mph. Was really cool for about half a second, and then we landed. A passenger in back, who couldn't get his seat beat on in time, hit the dome light so hard it broke and he gashed his head. Needless to say, I also jacked up the frame pretty badly.

bullrams

Reaction score
Just today - thinking I can sue a company for an expired baby formula! haha!

And many many more!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not using condumbs.

socialdtk

Reaction score
Seconds before a chorus performance in middle school I was flipping a nickel into the air while talking to a group of friends. Just as they were walking away and the conductor was taking his place in-front of the choir I managed to get one last flip off which resulted in the nickel becoming stuck in my throat. I then jumped onto the ground in-front of 2,500 people grasping for breathe until some allied health student could perform the heimlich maneuver on me.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by socialdtk
Seconds before a chorus performance in middle school I was flipping a nickel into the air while talking to a group of friends. Just as they were walking away and the conductor was taking his place in-front of the choir I managed to get one last flip off which resulted in the nickel becoming stuck in my throat. I then jumped onto the ground in-front of 2,500 people grasping for breathe until some allied health student could perform the heimlich maneuver on me.

lol8[1].gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
not really earth shattering but one of the most embarrassing moments in my life, that makes me cringe and shake my head every time i recall it, was a date in college. really cute girl, one of a pair of identical twins who cut quite the figure around campus:

I didn't have any money. like, no money. I had about $30 and none of my pals had any cash to lend me, so i dug into my laundry drawer and pulled out about $15 in quarters. The bill came to like $38 and I had to pay the last $8 with that pile of ******* quarters. there was no second date.

facepalm.gif

lol8[1].gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DUI nine or ten years ago.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is really dumb..but I was involved with a girl(was gonna propose) and her brother was in town and a bunch of us went out and had dinner and drank. At the end of the night, it was 4 of us(her/me/her bro and his girl) and he asked if I felt that there would be an age issue if we lived 2gether/got married(5 yr age diff!) I got upset and sorta yelled/argued at the dude(we got that question alot.) That 1 arguement was the end of our almost 3 yr relationship!
Oh...and my felony state and federal convictions!

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
threads already providing the lulz

Originally Posted by ter1413
This is really dumb..but I was involved with a girl(was gonna propose) and her brother was in town and a bunch of us went out and had dinner and drank. At the end of the night, it was 4 of us(her/me/her bro and his girl) and he asked if I felt that there would be an age issue if we lived 2gether/got married(5 yr age diff!) I got upset and sorta yelled/argued at the dude(we got that question alot.) That 1 arguement was the end of our almost 3 yr relationship!
Oh...and my felony state and federal convictions!

Serious? I woulda thought this was dumber than yelling at someone

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
threads already providing the lulz

Serious? I woulda thought this was dumber than yelling at someone

I was being witty. This is SF!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Decided to race somebody on the freeway at 3am on a Wednesday while driving home, slightly intoxicated, from a party pretty far from my house.

Drunk driving was a stupid decision in and of itself, but racing while drunk driving was just compounding the stupidity exponentially. I ended up skidding, swerving off the freeway, crashing through the guard rail, and taking a 10-foot nosedive into the bushes and trees below. Car was totally wrecked beyond repair. I was unharmed by some sort of miracle. Cops showed up, breathalyzed me, and I got off the hook by about .01 points on the blood alcohol level count.

A series of miracles basically prevented it from being the worst day of my existence. And, while I'm not a religious man or even a believer of any kind, I took it as a serious lesson to be a heck of a lot smarter about the way I was leading my life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads