• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking like a Greek god in yo wing shoes

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
David letterman dresses very poorly for a man who is on television 5 nights a week.

-rF

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I dislike it when I can recognize clothes on sight lol Watched From Paris With Love and the first thing I thought at the closing scene was "Rhys Myers is wearing DH 19cms"

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
GQ twitter: "The Prada show really does look more and more genius each time you click through"

rimshot.gif

There was similar praise for it on the Sartorialist.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
There was similar praise for it on the Sartorialist.

i thought Scott (from sf not the sartorialist) might've said something about the shoes cos he'd been raving about something Junya did like this:
62010Pslim_4624Web.jpg

I don't get it myself, but it was cool to see it when i'd seen scott talking about those types of soles like a month earlier.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
David letterman dresses very poorly for a man who is on television 5 nights a week.

-rF

I agree, but I think he dresses very personally. Lots of double-breasted suits, lots of light socks. He's clearly wearing what he likes, and I think that's valuable.

Besides, there's no point trying to shine when you have to share a stage with Paul Shaffer.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
I agree, but I think he dresses very personally. Lots of double-breasted suits, lots of light socks. He's clearly wearing what he likes, and I think that's valuable. Besides, there's no point trying to shine when you have to share a stage with Paul Shaffer.
well, maybe they are LIGHT blue or grey... but the past few times i've watched his monologue he came out in what looked like white socks. I am not a very stylish guy, but even I know that white socks with a suit is breaking some kind of cardinal rule. edit- he also spends half his monologue laughing at his own jokes. I wouldn't watch him, but really the only thing on after 10:30 here is infomercials and lame syndicated crap.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paris starts in 1.5 hours. Yohji in 12 h. Can't wait.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At the risk of opening a can of worms, I'm glad the WvG shirting is doing and looking well, because the front page of this forum has two threads that are sore reminders of the denim disasters from last year.

And I feel like I've seen 15 posts from poor connor to the effect of "What's going on?" with regards to contest reward collab.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
At the risk of opening a can of worms, I'm glad the WvG shirting is doing and looking well, because the front page of this forum has two threads that are sore reminders of the denim disasters from last year. And I feel like I've seen 15 posts from poor connor to the effect of "What's going on?" with regards to contest reward collab.
OKAY so we are just now find out the factory '*********** pooch' sizes xs-xxl of our After-Diner shirting because of a design oversight and allbody please -CALM DOWN-. now what happen is that there are no "hand holes" at the ends of each sleeve and both sleeves connect to each one another at the end to make an O shape like an ouroboros but if you do not need hands to do anything it Not Gonna Be a Big Deal No Way Jose. you guys are LUCKY DUCKY this was only one of the "design mixup" that were left in my pattern by the iguana I hired on as Official Wolf Vs Ghost Pattermaker. there is another. And the other is the bonus third sleeve that comes out the middle of the back of the shirt which DOES have hand hole for arm so if you need to use your 'fingly dinglies' for anything you pull arm out of normal sleeve and put it through that back sleeve and it's all good "in the hood". we've charged everyone's credit cards and just now shipped the shirts. i have already gotten lots of compliments on my shirt i think you guys are gonna think these are KEEN and are the BEAST KNEES! oh and p-s: TOTEHOLDERS YOU KNOW THE DRILL BUT HERE IS A DIFFERENT DRILL YOU SHOULD KNOW after last weeks grisly events of surrounding our buddy RandmoKoreaDude my lawyer has asked me to Tell It Like It Is to you dudes that please be careful as we just found out the zipper pull on our the totes were smelted down from an Artefact Of UNspeakable Ancient Evil and you need to take yr totes to a some kind of high level cleric and get a circle of protection cast upon it so you don't get banished eternally to the Abyssal Realm of Tartarus like what happen to RKD best mauro

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
At the risk of opening a can of worms, I'm glad the WvG shirting is doing and looking well, because the front page of this forum has two threads that are sore reminders of the denim disasters from last year.
CratevFarinellis issues were blown out of proportion. They had a couple of snags on some pairs (stitiching and grundleholes), but nothing that wasn't easily fixed or juts left alone to no real effect. Others were problem free, and they're a solid straight leg cut with great denim, the overdye is really nice. Very good s/s jean.
Originally Posted by naaaaate
oh and p-s: TOTEHOLDERS YOU KNOW THE DRILL BUT HERE IS A DIFFERENT DRILL YOU SHOULD KNOW after last weeks grisly events of surrounding our buddy RandmoKoreaDude my lawyer has asked me to Tell It Like It Is to you dudes that please be careful as we just found out the zipper pull on our the totes were smelted down from an Artefact Of UNspeakable Ancient Evil and you need to take yr totes to a some kind of high level cleric and get a circle of protection cast upon it so you don't get banished eternally to the Abyssal Realm of Tartarus like what happen to RKD best mauro
Hahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads