• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slappy

Reaction score
You cant tell me who the collab is with? Im considering ordering a jacket from Aero, but I might wait for the Epaulet jacket if you can drop a bit of info on it

rrothsch

Reaction score
Do you have any samples of the Gant Bastian stuff you will be carrying and when do you expect the arrival date to be?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
You cant tell me who the collab is with? Im considering ordering a jacket from Aero, but I might wait for the Epaulet jacket if you can drop a bit of info on it

Just wait. I saw the leather this may possibly be made of and heard how it ages. If it does come through, you've got yourself a leather jacket for a lifetime that is going to show serious character in a short time.

slappy

Reaction score
Yea Im sure its nice but I cant see myself waiting several months for what might be without a bit of info. Aero pretty much makes what Im after although it wont have the Epaulet fit. 'so it goes' as Vonnegut might say. Aero jackets take a while to make though as they are made literally for your measurements.

Can you say if the leather jacket will have zippers on the sleeve like on the Cafe Racer? Or if the jackets will have pockets on the front? Im after basically a no zipper on the sleeve jacket with a clean front look like the Cafe Racer and some internal pockets. Basically a 'map pocket' and whats known as a gun pocket. I really just want a classy fitted jacket and am trying to stay away from a recaptured 50's Brando look

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
2. An Epaulet collab piece that's in development for Oct-Nov launch.
We're still sampling, so I don't want to promise something that I can't deliver. But if we can pull it off, I can tell you that it will be one of the greatest leather jackets available anywhere. Seriously. And it will be brown.

Darn, I am looking for the greatest leather jacket anywhere in black.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't vouch for the greatest leather jacket anywhere in black but Mike sold me the Cafe Racer Slim in L (I wear 40-42R in jackets). Never thought of myself as a black leather jacket guy, but great fit, have rocked it to many compliments. Makes me want to sell off a bunch of my cigars to rationalize a Ducati, let alone it's not broken in yet. To Slappy--re: sleeve zippers--I took off the leather tassels

Gant bonded parka makes me disregard the few waxed Barbours I have...nordic crewneck is a better fitting example (very probably) of a Dale sweater. Good stuff upcoming. Cashmere pants? Damn.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
I'm liking what I see for the Epaulet sweaters so far but figured I might as well ask, any plans on making a waffle knit cardigan or carrying one from some other brand?

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Can't vouch for the greatest leather jacket anywhere in black but Mike sold me the Cafe Racer Slim in L (I wear 40-42R in jackets).

Yeah, I thought about that one, but the cafe racer look has been done. I'm sure it's a great jacket. I am just holding out for "greatest leather jacket anywhere." In black.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slappy
Yea Im sure its nice but I cant see myself waiting several months for what might be without a bit of info. Aero pretty much makes what Im after although it wont have the Epaulet fit. 'so it goes' as Vonnegut might say. Aero jackets take a while to make though as they are made literally for your measurements.

Can you say if the leather jacket will have zippers on the sleeve like on the Cafe Racer? Or if the jackets will have pockets on the front? Im after basically a no zipper on the sleeve jacket with a clean front look like the Cafe Racer and some internal pockets. Basically a 'map pocket' and whats known as a gun pocket. I really just want a classy fitted jacket and am trying to stay away from a recaptured 50's Brando look

Our jacket won't have zippers on the cuffs, but it will have exterior patch pockets on the chest. It's not a cafe racer style. Sorry to be so evasive, I just promised our partners that I wouldn't release any info online until the sample is confirmed and workable. I think that this is going to garner a lot of excitement, so we want to ensure that it's realistic first. But you won't have to wait too long - I should have the sample around the end of July and I can post some more detailed info about it then.

Originally Posted by scottcw
Darn, I am looking for the greatest leather jacket anywhere in black.

If this thing works, then we'll surely do it up in black as well for the second production run. Potentially some other colors. But it will be bad as s*** in black. Oh my god.

Originally Posted by PartagasIV
Can't vouch for the greatest leather jacket anywhere in black but Mike sold me the Cafe Racer Slim in L (I wear 40-42R in jackets). Never thought of myself as a black leather jacket guy, but great fit, have rocked it to many compliments. Makes me want to sell off a bunch of my cigars to rationalize a Ducati, let alone it's not broken in yet. To Slappy--re: sleeve zippers--I took off the leather tassels

Gant bonded parka makes me disregard the few waxed Barbours I have...nordic crewneck is a better fitting example (very probably) of a Dale sweater. Good stuff upcoming. Cashmere pants? Damn.

Thanks - and I'm really glad that the Cafe Racer worked for you! I thought that it would be your style.

Originally Posted by Blog Marley
I'm liking what I see for the Epaulet sweaters so far but figured I might as well ask, any plans on making a waffle knit cardigan or carrying one from some other brand?

Hmmm, we didn't make any under our own brand, and I don't believe that we bought any from other designers. I love waffle knits, but I don't recall seeing any from our vendors for this season.

slappy

Reaction score
Alright well I can wait until July for more info. I'm in talks with Aero atm to see if they can do a slim fitting leather jacket but I havent ordered anything yet. What I love about Aero is the leather they use. The chrome tanned horsehide from Horween (I assume) is just fantastic looking with age. It's thick enough to be a serious leather jacket but you can get a medium weight for a more fashion style jacket while remaining rugged unlike (Zegna IMO). So can you tell us what kind of leather its going to be? You don't need to release who you're working with or the style of jacket

70gransport

Reaction score
Wow, I'm gone for a week and I come back to find out sweaters will be on the table this fall! How fantastic. The chunky knit sounds interesting and I'm sure will be great. Can't wait to see what else is coming down the pipe.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - I have a question about the mcnairy neckties - How do you think they look on taller gentlemen? I am 6'3" with a relatively long torso. Just wondering what you think they would look like dimensionally and everything (i.e. would it be a big guy with a little tie situation).

Let me know if you can please!

JBG

Reaction score
Well the Gant bonded Parka kept calling my name and I finally caved in. I'm sure I will get a lot of wear out of it here in socal from fall through spring, although not so much at the moment
smile.gif

houjitomasu

Reaction score
Big guy in a little tie is certainly better than a fat guy a little coat.

Keep up the great work Mike and Adele! I can't wait until more lawn ginghams come in!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads