• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Sadly I had good intentions. I sprayed Tuscany twice and thought...hmmm, rather light. One more spray. Still nothing much registered. Mrs. Thomas asked whether I'd left any perfume for anyone else in the world, and it confirmed that I have a cold and can't smell a damn thing. =(

I usually wear that one light but recently wore it heavy and I liked the way it dried down - ironically softer than normal.

boo

Reaction score
Domenico Caraceni 1913 today having bought it blind, and it's probably the first that I didn't regret. I get rose, dark fruit, and wood. Very elegant and seems like the perfect scent to wear with a suit. I can understand the hype on basenotes, especially with its limited availability.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I usually wear that one light but recently wore it heavy and I liked the way it dried down - ironically softer than normal.

Hmmm - May have to try that some day when the Mrs. is out of town or sleeping in. I'm concerned that it may bloom uncontrollably, though.

Originally Posted by boo
Domenico Caraceni 1913 today having bought it blind, and it's probably the first that I didn't regret. I get rose, dark fruit, and wood. Very elegant and seems like the perfect scent to wear with a suit. I can understand the hype on basenotes, especially with its limited availability.

Wasn't antirabbit a fan of this? I remember the name.

hmmm.

The cold seems to be passing, so I went with YSL Live Jazz again. how original of me, but at least it isn't fazed by the summer here.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo

I hadn't heard of this one, but based on the notes and the reviews it sounds pretty intriguing. I'll have to get a sample. Do you get the tobacco note that's supposed to be there?

I'm wearing Rose Poivree today.

boo

Reaction score
Riverside Drive today

Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
I hadn't heard of this one, but based on the notes and the reviews it sounds pretty intriguing. I'll have to get a sample. Do you get the tobacco note that's supposed to be there?

I'm wearing Rose Poivree today.

There did seem to be a bit of tobacco now that you mention it, but it isn't among the more obvious notes to me. I'll still have to wear it a few more times to get good feel for it. Also, the current weather (80+ degrees) seems to mess with my smell. It's almost as if my sweat is diluting the fragrance or something. I'll throw some in the swap box the next time it comes my way.

Originally Posted by Thomas

Wasn't antirabbit a fan of this? I remember the name.

hmmm.

I tried searching the archives but didn't see a post with him referencing it, but I've only started following this thread this year.

I noticed Luckyscent sells out of it pretty fast. I bought mine from www.firstinfragrance.com out of Germany. If you buy it, select Euro as the currency and you get a better price compared to USD. Shipping is steep and offsets the cheaper price, but if you buy two bottles, (which I did), you end up with the same all-in cost as having bought two at the Luckyscent price. I figured that if I didn't like it, I'd easily be able to sell the bottles at cost. They don't deduct VAT, but they are planning on changing that. If you order, you can request three samples which were about 2-3ml in size. My order was processed promptly, but the actual shipping time was three weeks for whatever reason.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
Today is another Hermes day, Un jardin apres la mousson

I went with Jardin Sur Le Nil today. In my opinion this is the best of the Jardin series--it's the perfect summer fragrance. I wear Jardin Apres La Mousson pretty regularly, but I have to wait about a half hour into the drydown before I really like it. I've said this before here, but the opening smells cheap to me, like a watermelon Jolly Rancher candy. Once that phase has passed, I think it's quite a good fragrance, though still not as good as Sur Le Nil.

zeroconspiracy

Reaction score
nd.5563.jpg

EVERYDAY: New York for Gentlemen by Brooks Brothers

-and break it up with-

pe007.jpg

SOMEDAYS: Chanel Allure Homme

On my shopping list: BVLGARI Aqva Pour Homme

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Une Rose (Malle)

arlee

Reaction score
trying out Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne pour le Soir

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GIT

boo

Reaction score
Sampled L'Air du Desert Marocain today. Yuck!!!! I haven't been this repulsed by a scent since Secretions Magnifiques (no offense L'Incandescent
wink.gif
) Felt like a dirty, yet expensive, body odor. Someone tell me that it was just the opening and that it evolves to something more pleasant. I immediately scrubbed it off and didn't give it the chance to find out.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed Orange Spice. Was like a fresher cleaner Kouros.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads