• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wgbennett83

Reaction score
I bought an Epaulet White Pinpoint Oxford shirt about a month ago and absolutely love the fit. It's a perfect fit for an athletic body, however, the shirt often comes untucked because of its pseudo short length. Do you sell any shirts that are cut a little longer?

B Hamilton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonicreducer
Just wanted to say "thanks" again to Mike, Adele, and Dillon for the awesome service I received last weekend. I came in to make a return on some shoes that didn't end up fitting like I had thought they would, and everyone was more than accommodating. I was super impressed with what Mike had planned for the upcoming months ... Expect big things from Epaulet soon! Definitely one of the best shops in NYC when it comes to product, service, and price.

the cashmere pants Mike decribed when I picked up the french blue walts had me
eh.gif
then
thumbs-up.gif

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo Mike, shoot me back a PM when you get a chance.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

Oh man, we have a TON of sweaters coming in the Fall. For our in-house line, we'll have a full collection of superfine merino sweaters (v-necks, crewnecks, specialty pieces) which are all made in Italy. Prices will range from $130 to $250 and the quality is absolutely first rate.

We're also working on a fitted yet very chunky knit cardigan - a little in the Inverallan vein - that will be made in Canada.

oh my god.

epaulet is quickly becoming the greatest store in the world. can't WAIT for these sweaters. Everything ive gotten from epaulet (couple shirts, couple trousers) has gotten me compliments.

More than willing to empty the bank account for this great store!

Racing Green

Reaction score
More love for Epaulet, just received Smith jeans which were an exchange and Mike was unfailingly helpful with the trials of dealing with a customer 5,000 miles away.

Haven't tried them on yet but I'll post my review in the EPs thread. I can say that the presentation of them alone and the personal touches had an office full of female PR professionals swooning in admiration.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
oh my god.

epaulet is quickly becoming the greatest store in the world. can't WAIT for these sweaters. Everything ive gotten from epaulet (couple shirts, couple trousers) has gotten me compliments.

More than willing to empty the bank account for this great store!

Originally Posted by Racing Green
More love for Epaulet, just received Smith jeans which were an exchange and Mike was unfailingly helpful with the trials of dealing with a customer 5,000 miles away.

Haven't tried them on yet but I'll post my review in the EPs thread. I can say that the presentation of them alone and the personal touches had an office full of female PR professionals swooning in admiration.

Thanks so much guys!

And here's some swatches and previews of new things:

In about 3 weeks, we'll have a delivery of Walt trousers in lightweight corduroy. Perfect for warmer days and the early Fall. There's two colors:

4709960749_9625c29033.jpg

Kelly Green

4709960553_6c09d0742a.jpg

Royal Blue

Also, we're making 8 different sweaters in Italy, and I've got samples for two of the specialty items. Both of these are done in superfine merino wool, and the fit is right on.

4381160648_3500756d47.jpg

Brown/Charcoal Full button cardigan
This buttons all the way up to the neck, has colored tipping on the bottom rib, and has subtle merino elbow patches.

4381158350_b1881d5b5c.jpg

Hand overdyed striped crewneck
The photo is a little lousy and doesn't do the colors justice at all. It's a navy and burgundy striped crewneck that's hand overdyed with a medium indigo wash. It's got these great dye variations at the neckline and shoulder seams. This is incredible in person, and will make for a really special piece.

B Hamilton

Reaction score
Here's some other pieces that I really liked from Gant Rugger Fall '10. We'll have good stock in all of them:

4728088310_33973d9d66.jpg

Striped Naval Sweater

4727447591_9b6c0fe267.jpg

Nordic Crewneck Sweater

4728084750_7e2cb84a6e.jpg

Bonded Cotton Parka with Plaid Liner (ridiculously good)

And we're broke.
bounce2.gif

thoogsby

Reaction score
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Here's some other pieces that I really liked from Gant Rugger Fall '10. We'll have good stock in all of them:

4727447591_9b6c0fe267.jpg

Nordic Crewneck Sweater

4728084750_7e2cb84a6e.jpg

Bonded Cotton Parka with Plaid Liner (ridiculously good)

..UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thoogsby
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
..UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Hah!

And the prices are good on this stuff. It's about $150 to $175 for the sweaters and $285 for the parka.

Between Rugger and the Michael Bastian capsule, Gant freaking killed it for Fall '10.

pistolero

Reaction score
Hah!

And the prices are good on this stuff. It's about $150 to $175 for the sweaters and $285 for the parka.

Between Rugger and the Michael Bastian capsule, Gant freaking killed it for Fall '10.

Looks great...really hoping a few of the pieces will run long...

slappy

Reaction score
Hey I just noticed you are now selling leather jackets, I really like this one: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Leather/Detail Ive been thinking about buying a leather jacket for a while but I want one in brown. I saw a picture of some guy wearing a chromexcel brown jacket that had this great patina on it and since then Ive been looking for something similar. Can you get this jacket in brown also? Also how thick is the leather? I mean is it really thick for motorcycle riding or is it more of a fashion leather jacket. Generally actual motorycle jackets are extremely thick for obvious reasons, Im more interested in a free flowing soft leather jacket which is why I figured a chromexcel one would be nice. Edit: Something similar in color to this is really what Im after: http://horween.files.wordpress.com/2.../dsc_00491.jpg This jacket is nice even if they do obnoxiously namedrop Brad Pitt, anyways irrelevant to this post http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...taff/27834.jsp

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wgbennett83
I bought an Epaulet White Pinpoint Oxford shirt about a month ago and absolutely love the fit. It's a perfect fit for an athletic body, however, the shirt often comes untucked because of its pseudo short length. Do you sell any shirts that are cut a little longer?
Thanks! Unfortunately, this is the one length that we currently offer. Our customers vary greatly in height, so it's tough to get the right length for everybody, and this is what we settled on. I generally find Gitman Vintage shirts to be longer though, and we'll have those out the wazoo for Fall '10. Trust you me.
Originally Posted by B Hamilton
the cashmere pants Mike decribed when I picked up the french blue walts had me
eh.gif
then
thumbs-up.gif

Awe yes. I was totally inspired by the Band of Outsiders $550 chino - and considered what we could do for a little over half that price. We're going to shoot for a $285 to $325 trouser which will be absolutely f-ing mindblowing. Cashmere blends, horn buttons, bells and whistles all around.
Originally Posted by slappy
Hey I just noticed you are now selling leather jackets, I really like this one: http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Leather/Detail Ive been thinking about buying a leather jacket for a while but I want one in brown. I saw a picture of some guy wearing a chromexcel brown jacket that had this great patina on it and since then Ive been looking for something similar. Can you get this jacket in brown also? Also how thick is the leather? I mean is it really thick for motorcycle riding or is it more of a fashion leather jacket. Generally actual motorycle jackets are extremely thick for obvious reasons, Im more interested in a free flowing soft leather jacket which is why I figured a chromexcel one would be nice. Edit: Something similar in color to this is really what Im after: http://horween.files.wordpress.com/2.../dsc_00491.jpg This jacket is nice even if they do obnoxiously namedrop Brad Pitt, anyways irrelevant to this post http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...taff/27834.jsp
For the Schott jacket, it's only made in Black. It's definitely more of a casual jacket, although I do know guys who ride bikes around the city with it. This one is lighter, softer, and has an excellent fit. I think that it's a really versatile and extremely well made piece. In terms of a brown jacket, we'll have two strong options: 1. The Garbstore x Lewis Leathers Flying Dominator.
lewis-leathers-x-garbstore-flying-dominator.jpg
This is insane. You can read about it at the link below. We'll get it in early Sept. http://blackandtannedny.wordpress.co...ing-dominator/ 2. An Epaulet collab piece that's in development for Oct-Nov launch. We're still sampling, so I don't want to promise something that I can't deliver. But if we can pull it off, I can tell you that it will be one of the greatest leather jackets available anywhere. Seriously. And it will be brown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads