• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
rotflmao.gif
I love T4phage so much

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Thinking about transferring schools because fashion is so bad at U of I. Well, not entirely for that reason, but it's a big part of it. Also I don't want to have to hear the new Black Eyed Peas hit every time I leave my room. It's the same thing, I think. I like good things, so when I spend years of my life in a place where everyone will only like ****** things, it is bad? Bad enough to transfer to a 50k/year school? Fuckin' Columbia, I could buy the whole BoO f/w collection for that kind of money.
Sorry bro but newsflash: you're gonna have to deal with the same plebeian bullshit at any and every college in the US of A. Just grab your balls like a fist full of dollars and carry on. That's all you can do.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
SW&D: Fist full of ballers

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Sorry bro but newsflash: you're gonna have to deal with the same plebeian bullshit at any and every college in the US of A. Just grab your balls like a fist full of dollars and carry on. That's all you can do.

Aaaaaaannnndd thank you, mr. ARW

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
scored 170 on my daily practice LSAT.... going to kill this thing. Then go on a shopping spree in November.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Just grab your balls like a fist full of dollars and carry on. That's all you can do.

Words to live by, thanks ARW. It's hard to establish a perspective on things like this when you're just breaking into the adult world. Sigged in my heart.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm bored so i decided to read through MC.

This thread and some of the quotes in it i think pretty much sum up the problems SW&D has with MC;

Originally Posted by globetrotter
I am really horribel about that - I basically have suits and sweats. if I go to the gym and then pick up my son or do an errand, I look like a bum. but I'm not going to shower and put on a suit to run an errand right after the gym.

Originally Posted by lasbar
I may wear the odd jeans always with a open neck shirt mixed with a sportcoat ...

Originally Posted by S. Paul
Definitely. I live right down the street from the grocery store and it's wicked hot here many months of the year...so on goes the shorts and T-shirt with flops. Let's be honest, I'm not trying to impress the 16-yr old cashiers with my sartorial savvy (however much of it I may have, anyways).
wink.gif

SP

Originally Posted by SimonC
I made a promise to myself a year or so ago - no more t-shirts. I gave them all to goodwill, and now I only wear shirts. That said, weekend wear is often jeans, shirt and a pair of Alden 990s. I'll wear something 'special' if I'm feeling feisty or out somewhere special though.

Weekday wear is where I actually find myself questioning whether I'm well dressed. Suit, tie, shirt, shoes - all of good quality and (hopefully) well matched, but rarely with SF attention to detail (pocket square, fanatical attention to fit, interesting fabrics). Most days I just feel I'm blending in with the crowd in an office environment.

It's all relative. I can dress 'well' at the weekend with less effort than it takes during the week, because very few people wear a linen suit, or seersucker sportcoat, or tweed. In the office, though, everyone wears the 'uniform' and it's the final 5% attention to detail that's the differentiator.

Originally Posted by bowtielover
I don't even leave my room if I am lookign the slightest bit unkept. I rarely leave the house not suited but sometimes on saturdays when I have nothing going on I will just throw on a button up and some slacks, that is probably the most casual I get bedies when i'm sleeping.

Couple of things:
1. The idea that looking nice=wearing suits and sportcoats, and casual wear can't look good.

2. bowtielover is an idiot.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Try PBJ and somet at BIG, I think the inseams are 37-38 and 36, respectively. Also, are you really still a 52? You look my size these days.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do you guys really read these paragraph long posts. i stop reading once i realize there are too many lines of text on some obfuscated frivolous topics. i dont know how you guys can stand wading through all the stupidity

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
do you guys really read these paragraph long posts. i stop reading once i realize there are too many lines of text on some obfuscated frivolous topics. i dont know how you guys can stand wading through all the stupidity

Read faster.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
Try PBJ and somet at BIG, I think the inseams are 37-38 and 36, respectively. Also, are you really still a 52? You look my size these days.
50, usually. I am wearing a pair of N&F skinny guys in 31 right now which are okay but I wish they were longer. Neither PBJ nor Somet make a cut I'm really into right now. I might just get a size 31 or 32 Skull 5010xx, my 33s are slim but not tight.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum

How do you deal with books?

I have trouble being articulate in one or two sentences, I understand that others do too. I'll pay my dues and read their stuff; occasionally it turns out to be quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads