• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they're working on it. The guys at epaulet are BOSS.

If i can figure out how to get my POS camera to work, ill pimp out some of their stuff one of these days.

edit: nvm he beat me to it!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got to make my first visit to the shop last weekend. I'm not sure I know enough superlatives to describe not just the shop, but the hospitality of the staff.

One selling point of the small business clothing retailer is the personalized experience that should come with it. This doesn't always happen, depending on where you go. I visited several spots during my stay in the city where I wasn't even greeted by the guy at the door (which, in essence, means he wasn't doing his lone assigned job). This wasn't the case at Epaulet.

Though the shop got busy a few minutes after I stopped in, Mike was kind enough to shoot the bull with me, show me some of the more notable in-stock items, and give a rundown of some of the things brewing in the coming months (hint: bank account-depleting things for many Styleforumites).

It's rare that you talk with a shop worker or SA and not get the feeling that they're only talking to you so that it will facilitate a sale. Again, not the case with Epaulet. I unfortunately didn't buy anything there during my visit, but Mike still sent me off with one of the bold in-house neckties and directions to a couple nearby spots I should hit up.

I was unable to take him up on his offer to grab a drink the follow night, but in a strange twist, our paths crossed again at Self Edge a couple hours before I left the city. Again, Mike showed unprecedented hospitality toward a dude he'd just met by treating me to lunch at Katz's Delicatessen. It was great to shoot the **** over lunch about SF, various brands and designers, and small businesses. He even flagged me down a cab during rush hour to send me on my way to the airport.

In short, you guys can feel secure knowing that when you sink your dollars into Epaulet's products, you aren't just getting some excellent goods out of it. You're also supporting an inspiring small business run by genuinely good people.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, that Lavender Gitman is in my size. If it was like $85 I'd so buy. (Prays in head that Mike drops Gitman another $30)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I got to make my first visit to the shop last weekend. I'm not sure I know enough superlatives to describe not just the shop, but the hospitality of the staff.

One selling point of the small business clothing retailer is the personalized experience that should come with it. This doesn't always happen, depending on where you go. I visited several spots during my stay in the city where I wasn't even greeted by the guy at the door (which, in essence, means he wasn't doing his lone assigned job). This wasn't the case at Epaulet.

Though the shop got busy a few minutes after I stopped in, Mike was kind enough to shoot the bull with me, show me some of the more notable in-stock items, and give a rundown of some of the things brewing in the coming months (hint: bank account-depleting things for many Styleforumites).

It's rare that you talk with a shop worker or SA and not get the feeling that they're only talking to you so that it will facilitate a sale. Again, not the case with Epaulet. I unfortunately didn't buy anything there during my visit, but Mike still sent me off with one of the bold in-house neckties and directions to a couple nearby spots I should hit up.

I was unable to take him up on his offer to grab a drink the follow night, but in a strange twist, our paths crossed again at Self Edge a couple hours before I left the city. Again, Mike showed unprecedented hospitality toward a dude he'd just met by treating me to lunch at Katz's Delicatessen. It was great to shoot the **** over lunch about SF, various brands and designers, and small businesses. He even flagged me down a cab during rush hour to send me on my way to the airport.

In short, you guys can feel secure knowing that when you sink your dollars into Epaulet's products, you aren't just getting some excellent goods out of it. You're also supporting an inspiring small business run by genuinely good people.

Thanks dude - it was great meeting you too! Glad that I could introduce you to the magic that is Dr. Brown's Cream soda.

laughter95

Reaction score
we eagerly await more XS buttondowns and versatile trousers which have a waist size of 31. thanks!
biggrin.gif

humeee

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Are you guys going to have any sweaters coming out in the fall? I'm currently trying to decide whether I should spring for some sweaters that are on sale, or if I should just restrain myself and snag an Epaulet sweater later. Since your shirts fit me so well and are such high quality, I figure that I'd be better off with one or two Epaulet/Gant sweaters than several J. Crew sweaters. But I'd kinda like to know what's coming down the pipeline so that I can plan in advance (I'm trying to only kop within my means).

the_state

Reaction score
Hey Mike... what's the word on McNairy camo pants in a size 36? Should I keep my eyes open for a restock or new item in the next few months? I'd much rather give you the business than that chump Michael Williams from ACL.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
we eagerly await more XS buttondowns and versatile trousers which have a waist size of 31.

thanks!
biggrin.gif

Cool, we'll have both of those bases covered within the next few weeks. The long-awaited Rivet Chino re-stock is going down!

And our Epaulet Walt and Rudy trousers aren't actually made in 31 - we just do 30 and 32. But given the medium rise and fabric drape, it won't be an issue. I'd recommend a 30 in our cotton trousers and a 32 in wool & linen. You can always have the waist tailored a bit, but I don't believe you'll have to. They fit most guys wonderfully off the rack.

Originally Posted by humeee
Hey Mike,

Are you guys going to have any sweaters coming out in the fall? I'm currently trying to decide whether I should spring for some sweaters that are on sale, or if I should just restrain myself and snag an Epaulet sweater later. Since your shirts fit me so well and are such high quality, I figure that I'd be better off with one or two Epaulet/Gant sweaters than several J. Crew sweaters. But I'd kinda like to know what's coming down the pipeline so that I can plan in advance (I'm trying to only kop within my means).

Oh man, we have a TON of sweaters coming in the Fall. For our in-house line, we'll have a full collection of superfine merino sweaters (v-necks, crewnecks, specialty pieces) which are all made in Italy. Prices will range from $130 to $250 and the quality is absolutely first rate.

We're also working on a fitted yet very chunky knit cardigan - a little in the Inverallan vein - that will be made in Canada.

Outside of that, we'll have a ton of sweaters from the usual brands that we carry. I've got good pieces from Gant Rugger, Gant Michael Bastian, Our Legacy, Garbstore, Pendleton, and Scotch & Soda.

Originally Posted by the_state
Hey Mike... what's the word on McNairy camo pants in a size 36? Should I keep my eyes open for a restock or new item in the next few months? I'd much rather give you the business than that chump Michael Williams from ACL.

Hah, thanks! Unfortunately, I don't have any planned to come in. He was out of stock in 36, and I'd have to make up a full size run to get them. It's a cool item, but not that fast of a seller, so I have to still work though the stock that I have now before I reorder. B

But in a few weeks, we'll get our Rivet Chino in double-faced Digi camo. The exterior fabric is actually the same exact Woodland Digital camo. It will be a bit cheaper at $145 as well. We'll definitely have 36's in that.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We're also working on a fitted yet very chunky knit cardigan - a little in the Inverallan vein - that will be made in Canada.
Had you told me this while I was in the shop last week, I would've briefly left, returned with a cot, lugged it to the stockroom and not left until these came in. What colors are in store for this one?

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Oh man, we have a TON of sweaters coming in the Fall. For our in-house line, we'll have a full collection of superfine merino sweaters (v-necks, crewnecks, specialty pieces) which are all made in Italy. Prices will range from $130 to $250 and the quality is absolutely first rate.

worship.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Had you told me this while I was in the shop last week, I would've briefly left, returned with a cot, lugged it to the stockroom and not left until these came in. What colors are in store for this one?
We're looking at two colors - a Navy melange and a forest green/mint melange. This thing is freaking bulletproof. It's 100% British wool that's warm as hell. It might soften up after the first two years of wear.
laugh.gif
I looked long and hard for the perfect chunky shawl cardigan, and this is excellent. As much as I love Inverallan (and I do, I've got two of their sweaters), the wool is so thick that it sits on you like armor and looks stiff. This wool is still thick and tough, but the knit is more relaxed so that it's very comfortable. We're just dialing in a good slim fit that's consistent with our shirting.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Navy. Perfect. As luck would have it, I recently--and I mean, within the last couple of days--convinced myself that I needed a chunky cardigan for the fall. With that in mind, three points:

1) Ballpark drop date?
2) Ballpark price?
3) Can you make it not so humid so that thinking about heavy sweaters isn't kind of painful?

sonicreducer

Reaction score
Just wanted to say "thanks" again to Mike, Adele, and Dillon for the awesome service I received last weekend. I came in to make a return on some shoes that didn't end up fitting like I had thought they would, and everyone was more than accommodating. I was super impressed with what Mike had planned for the upcoming months ... Expect big things from Epaulet soon! Definitely one of the best shops in NYC when it comes to product, service, and price.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonicreducer
Definitely one of the best shops in NYC when it comes to product, service, and price.

I will go a step further and not limit to NYC. Epaulet is one of the best shops anywhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads