• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
maybe you're just an idiot because you can't see the connection between being -- not thinking they're feminist, being feminist, i don't know why you think you get to decide what people truly are -- and not displaying their bodies pretty much solely for the visual pleasure of men

Hmm... Well, most of them should stay covered up anyways.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Maybe its just in Seattle
confused.gif

Where all the loose-moraled liberated white women at?

well there are actually a fair number of them in Seattle. You can meet some of them if you leave your parent's basement.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
well there are actually a fair number of them in Seattle. You can meet some of them if you leave your parent's basement.

Jesus Christ, guys. The point Im trying to make is this: The only difference between what an oppressed Muslim woman's burqa and the hippie woman's uniform is the head covering and earth tones.

Its just ironic, in a way.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Jesus Christ, guys. The point Im trying to make is this: The only difference between what an oppressed Muslim woman's burqa and the hippie woman's uniform is the head covering and earth tones.

Its just ironic, in a way.

never mind, this is the dumbest post on styleforum

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does one tell if a tailor is a good one. Need some work done on my Jil blazer i bought.

Hummingbird

Reaction score
I actually get what Jesse is saying. It's kind of a reaction to "exploitation" and "sexism". So they view any display of their natural physical beauty (or lack therof) as exploitative and sexist (rather than embracing their own bodies), whereas the fundamentalist would view it as "unholy" or "immodest". Different reasonings entirely, but similar results. It has little to do with feminism, but usually has deeper roots in a lack of self confidence. I've known a few girls who react to other girls wearing skimpy or even slightly revealing clothing with a great deal of anger. While they use "feminism" or exploitation as an excuse, the real issues are with how they view themselves.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hummingbird
I actually get what Jesse is saying. It's kind of a reaction to "exploitation" and "sexism". So they view any display of their natural physical beauty (or lack therof) as exploitative and sexist (rather than embracing their own bodies), whereas the fundamentalist would view it as "unholy" or "immodest". Different reasonings entirely, but similar results. It has little to do with feminism, but usually has deeper roots in a lack of self confidence. I've known a few girls who react to other girls wearing skimpy or even slightly revealing clothing with a great deal of anger. While they use "feminism" or exploitation as an excuse, the real issues are with how they view themselves.

YES! Thats what Im saying.

God I wish I could communicate.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
It has little to do with feminism, but usually has deeper roots in a lack of self confidence. I've known a few girls who react to other girls wearing skimpy or even slightly revealing clothing with a great deal of anger. While they use "feminism" or exploitation as an excuse, the real issues are with how they view themselves.

[citation needed]

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
How does one tell if a tailor is a good one. Need some work done on my Jil blazer i bought.
Let him tailor another piece of clothing not that important.
I've known a few girls who react to other girls wearing skimpy or even slightly revealing clothing with a great deal of anger. While they use "feminism" or exploitation as an excuse, the real issues are with how they view themselves.
I hate this **** because I have to put up with it from mother any time I visit. Dare I bring a gf over for thanksgiving or something. I'll get a call about how I could be dating such a slut the next day. My sister has it worse though because mom will raid her suitcase and throw away any "slutty" clothing in there. Never heard the feminism excuse out loud, it's more to do with insecurity. Lumping all that together may not be entirely fair.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
[citation needed]

he can't cite the orifice it's excreted from
confused.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon

depending on what city you're in, there are some recommendations especially in MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads