• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
Quite a long wait, but worth it!

IMG_6647.jpg

Without a doubt, the nicest modern shoe that Vass makes

Omega Man

Reaction score
The dark brown suede on the F last is nicely done. Don't think it will work as well in the U last.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omega Man
The dark brown suede on the F last is nicely done. Don't think it will work as well in the U last.

I think it works like a dream on U-last with Goyser stitching. F-last is nice but it looks much slicker in leather, suede makes it look more bulbous than it is..

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny how this thread gets so active after the Kolecho shipments! I received my 3 pairs yesterday. One of them fits great. The other two are a bit off right now, but will hopefully work with a bit of re-jiggering (insoles, tongue pads, etc.). Fingers crossed! No photos yet, but I grabbed the following:

- U last Chukka in medium brown suede, double leather sole tapering to a single
- F last u-cap in Bordeaux shell cordovan, double leather sole tapering to a single
- New Peter last Norweger in antique cognac, double leather sole in tan with natural stitching

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Funny how this thread gets so active after the Kolecho shipments! I received my 3 pairs yesterday. One of them fits great. The other two are a bit off right now, but will hopefully work with a bit of re-jiggering (insoles, tongue pads, etc.). Fingers crossed! No photos yet, but I grabbed the following:

- U last Chukka in medium brown suede, double leather sole tapering to a single
- F last u-cap in Bordeaux shell cordovan, double leather sole tapering to a single
- New Peter last Norweger in antique cognac, double leather sole in tan with natural stitching

PICS.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
David, which was the one of the 3 that fit best out of the box? The F last?

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone please please please for the benefit of Vass virgins (no ****) like me, explain how to order these beauties. Thanks.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Can someone please please please for the benefit of Vass virgins (no ****) like me, explain how to order these beauties. Thanks.

You can email/call the store. Or you can pay someone else to do it for you.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhh awesome. One more dumb question: how do you know exactly what your size will be?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TRINI - will try to get pics soon, but not sure when.

upnorth - the U last fits me the best, but I already knew it would as I have a 44 U austerity brogue. The tips of my big toes rub a touch against the front of the shoes so I took a gamble and ordered a 44 in F and NP as I didn't think I wanted any less length, but they are definitely roomy all around. A 43.5 probably would be better, but we'll see. Heading back to the office now to wear them around again for a few minutes on the carpet.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The other two are a bit off right now, but will hopefully work with a bit of re-jiggering (insoles, tongue pads, etc.).

I hate having to re-jigger shoes for fit.

TRINI - will try to get pics soon, but not sure when.

upnorth - the U last fits me the best, but I already knew it would as I have a 44 U austerity brogue. The tips of my big toes rub a touch against the front of the shoes so I took a gamble and ordered a 44 in F and NP as I didn't think I wanted any less length, but they are definitely roomy all around. A 43.5 probably would be better, but we'll see. Heading back to the office now to wear them around again for a few minutes on the carpet.

Iirc, most recommend a .5 difference between U and F sizes, i.e. US9 = 42 in the F and 42.5 in the U, with the U being better for those with a more pronounced/higher instep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads