• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
Quick question about 1947 shrinkage:

How much do the shrinkage occurs in the thighs? I have relatively large thighs from weightlifting and I'm a little concerned that it might be too tight after soak.

Farinellis is showing a size 32/34 thigh measurement to be 10.75. Does anyone have a post soak measurement for 32w jeans?

Or can anyone just give me impressions on thigh shrinkage or whether the 2010s are roomier? Thanks!

Don't know about LVC, but from looking at shrinkage guidelines on SE and BiG for raw jeans, thigh shrinkage rarely ever seems to go beyond 0.5" for almost all the raw brands. I would assume the same for LVC, unless they are an exception.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
Quick question about 1947 shrinkage:

How much do the shrinkage occurs in the thighs? I have relatively large thighs from weightlifting and I'm a little concerned that it might be too tight after soak.

Farinellis is showing a size 32/34 thigh measurement to be 10.75. Does anyone have a post soak measurement for 32w jeans?

Or can anyone just give me impressions on thigh shrinkage or whether the 2010s are roomier? Thanks!

Probably around 0.25 to 0.5"...

bbhewee

Reaction score
I actually checked a couple of new batch 1947 with a soft tape at the LVC store in London the other day and frankly, they still are slightly undersized...

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Has anybody bought the current raw 505?

I remember reading somewhere that the recent 505 (not pre-faded versions) is being made in Turkey, and I just want to confirm if it is true or not.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
Has anybody bought the current raw 505?

I remember reading somewhere that the recent 505 (not pre-faded versions) is being made in Turkey, and I just want to confirm if it is true or not.

yes they are. AFAIK all the other raw jeans are made in the US, the 505 is an exception.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
yes they are. AFAIK all the other raw jeans are made in the US, the 505 is an exception.

Damn it. Now I'll have to track down a pair from a previous season. For some reason I didn't get an notification of your post. Thank you very much, Paul.

If someone wants to sell a pair in a size 34 or 33 waist and/or 32 or 34 inseam, let me know. Or if someone can point me in direction of a pair, please PM.

Paul, have you seen the coming LVC collection? Any denim jackets? I am really feeling the need of a 557

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Been Drake
http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/DSC_0358.jpg

can anyone help me the type of this LVC?

Looks like a 47. The patch should be leather, check if there are more photos

Originally Posted by Simontuntelder

Paul, have you seen the coming LVC collection? Any denim jackets? I am really feeling the need of a 557

No, I've had a few teasers, that there's in intriguing "new" early jean but nothing more. Busy at the mo' but might find out more in a couple of weeks. I think the policy is to have all the main items available in raw, all the time, so I would bet they have to reintroduce the 557 soon.

Oh, by the way, Sales alert, cross-post from Sufu. Check out the shop's website for more info:

This one is retail, the store rooms in Shoreditch, just up from Old St station.
I found a pair of Wrangler 13MWZ, in 30W (34leg?) for £39. yes, £39. . I believe these are the Bluebell Euro reissue, glorious jeans. It pained me to walk away.

The same store had a bunch of LVC at £62: the 1933, washed, with limited edition tags, in 34/34 and 34/36, plus a raw 1901 in 34/36.

p1050231.jpg

p1050232.jpg

Website is www.thestorerooms.com. I spoke to one of the owners, Laurent, who after chiding me gently for taking photos without asking first, was very helpful.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Pablo, did you see any BIG sizes in LVC?

Might have to drop by on the way home tonight.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
Pablo, did you see any BIG sizes in LVC?

Might have to drop by on the way home tonight.

No, only those I mentioned. Other raw stuff, nothing that caught my eye but an Evisu jacket. But a good store.

Originally Posted by Been Drake
its a 30/32, im a size 30 and thinking of buying them but not sure what it is and problem with the sizing issues

Here's everything i have to say on 47 sizing

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
No, only those I mentioned. Other raw stuff, nothing that caught my eye but an Evisu jacket. But a good store.

Cheers for that.

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Wrangler Blue Bell is a total mystery to me. I have the 27MW from a couple of years back and it's fine, but I have had other things, but most of them have been very, very poor. A friend of mine has a very nice pair of jeans that he picked up in Berlin, so I haven't written them off totally. I am not sure about the details on them though - they could easily be Japan made.

I saw someone who had had his Wrangler jeans hemmed, and the felled seam revealed a nice yellowline selvage. Do you know if this is a feature on all Blue Bell jeans or on some Japan made versions only?

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Good question. I don't honestly know.

The Euro Blue Bell look great to me - specially developed denim made by Orta in Turkey. I own the 27MW which I really rate, altho some people on SuFu complain because it doesn't fade too much.

I know very little about the Japanese reissues - I suspect they're made by Edwin, who are the licence-holders for Lee, which is now owned by the same company as Wrangler.

Early Wranglers would have had selvage under the fully-felled seam, altho I would guess it was gone by the mid or late 50s, when wide shuttle loom denim started to become popular (the idea that everyone switched to wide looms in the 80s is a myth, most people shifted much earlier, except for Levi's).I don't know if the ORta fabric has a selvage edge under the seam.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads