• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apartment/condo dwellers - how big is your pad and how many bedrooms do you have?

videocrew

Reaction score
x5r40g.jpg

Moving here in August. 545 sqft.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Mike Tyson's old house in CT is for sale. It has a dance club, among other things. Probably needs a full STD fumigation before a new buyer moves in.

I thought Curtis Jackson owned that house.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
1100 square feet town home, 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, included efficiency washer dryer and microwave, 960 all bills paid (was 935 first year). Only 10 miles to the center of Downtown Houston.

That sounds pretty sweet imo.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It's not necessarily all for kids. When your kids have kids of their own, it's nice to have rooms for grandkids. Plus, when you have a $30 million apartment, chances are you have live-in staff, want to be able to entertain house guests, etc. Having 8 bedrooms doesn't necessary mean you have 7 kids. It just means you are ready for any eventuality.

Ouch, $30 mill for that sq footage? Reminds me why I'm just a medium timer in a medium sized pond.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ghklistingimage3634size.jpg

just kidding

I'd like to have a dressing room... actually, make that two - one for the morning, and one for the evening.
laugh.gif

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My condo is 1050 sqft, and is 2 bedroom, 2 bath.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
That sounds pretty sweet imo.
Yeah what keeps the price low is that I'm in Mexican town. But it's awesome, taquerias and Mexican bakeries abound. Great place if you don't fear brown people. I love it. I really like the layout too, my complex was built in the 60s and renovated in the 90s I believe. It is nice. Full of cobblestone courtyards, old street lights, etc. Very well kept, and like stepping back in time when I walk around the complex. edit: I shouldn't really use the word "Mexican", I think the majority of Hispanics in the Gulfton area are El Salvadorian.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Ouch, $30 mill for that sq footage? Reminds me why I'm just a medium timer in a medium sized pond.

$30m, plus $30,000 a month maintenance.
frown.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
$30m, plus $30,000 a month maintenance.
frown.gif

The cost of entry to being a big timer is big.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
The cost of entry to being a big timer is big.

Have you looked at property taxes in Long Island or Northern NJ? 20k+ for $1m homes. At 5.5% for a 800k jumbo mortgage, the mortgage is 5-6k but the taxes are almost 2k... per month!!!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Have you looked at property taxes in Long Island or Northern NJ? 20k+ for $1m homes. At 5.5% for a 800k jumbo mortgage, the mortgage is 5-6k but the taxes are almost 2k... per month!!!!
That's not outrageous, is it? 2% of value? It's roughly 1% where I live, so 10k on $1 mil and I live in the boonies.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Yeah what keeps the price low is that I'm in Mexican town. But it's awesome, taquerias and Mexican bakeries abound. Great place if you don't fear brown people. I love it.

I really like the layout too, my complex was built in the 60s and renovated in the 90s I believe. It is nice. Full of cobblestone courtyards, old street lights, etc. Very well kept, and like stepping back in time when I walk around the complex.

edit: I shouldn't really use the word "Mexican", I think the majority of Hispanics in the Gulfton area are El Salvadorian.

I work at a Mexican restaurant. I love Mexicans, although I think only one of them is actually Mexican. The rest are PR/Venezuela/Brasil. But whatever. They're all Mexicans to me. And I'm pinche gringo to them. It's a very healthy relationship. Recently they have taken to calling me "chuleta de cerdo loca" which basically means "the crazy porkchop." We have fun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics