• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
more chambray. Thoughts on these two?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-185-Ralph-La...item2c5500dd5b

http://cgi.ebay.com/RRL-RALPH-LAUREN...item3a5a431912

Two completely different shirts, but both nice. The first one appears to be the selvedge utility shirt. It is well regarded and sought after. I'd ask the seller if it has gussets with the selvedge while line, like in the photo a few posts above - they probably don't know what it is.

The second one is probably a heavier chambray that is likely not selvedge. Nothing wrong with it, but totally different style (pointy western designs and snap closures). Just different.

bbhewee

Reaction score
I have the first one you posted, and it has the selvedge gussets...
Fit is comparable to Gitman Vintage, possibly a little bigger.

Wazmo

Reaction score
That shirt is close to the extreme fit in any of the icon western pieces. If you are a small in the icon piece you are a small in that shirt. I will also check on the selvedge question about the western. Edit: The western is a Japanese selvedge chambray. Selvedge can be seen in placket.
smile.gif

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
thanks, km. Are the fits similar?

I have the utility shirt; as bbhewee says, the fit is a little on the loose side; not huge, but not fitted. I don't know about the western shirt; I'm not sure how the extreme fit that Wazmo references is.

Originally Posted by Wazmo
That shirt is close to the extreme fit in any of the icon western pieces. If you are a small in the icon piece you are a small in that shirt.
I will also check on the selvedge question about the western.
Edit: The western is a Japanese selvedge chambray. Selvedge can be seen in placket.
smile.gif

Where do you see selvedge in the photos?

sayocean

Reaction score
sup guys, I have a bnwt straight leg in creme color in measured size 31x29 (tagged 30x30) for sale. Prices are negotiable so if you've been looking for one, let me know. Thanks

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wazmo
The logo hats are available. There are also a few newsboy hats. No bucket hats at the moment. Also a few really cool drivers. What exactly is the perfect hat for you?

i had a hickory stripe engineer cap from several years ago that I sold like an idiot on ebay when i was strapped for cash. something like that would be cool. what are the driver caps? I'm an XL hat size. I guess anything unique like an engineers cap or something.

Wazmo

Reaction score
kmdsimpson, the extreme fit is like a custom fit for Polo except a tad tighter across the chest. I have to go up a size in any of the westerns, and most people do. Also, for the selvedge it is not shown in the pictures. You would have to look inside the shirt.

downwithianbrown, I think I know what you are looking for and what you have in mind. I will post a picture up sometime tomorrow and see if we are on the same page.

scribbles

Reaction score
was at the RRL at Lenox today and one of the SA's was nice enough to pull out all of the new items that weren't out of the floor yet. Some really cool pieces but they were all F/W. It's 100 f#%ing degrees here in the A. I'm just not ready for cold weather stuff.

Wazmo

Reaction score
Ok guys take a look at my new chambray stanforized shirt. It is completely selvage as seen on the gusset and inside of placket.
6e12a016.jpg

830f9dcc.jpg

920c132d.jpg

a9377255.jpg

f2c7818a.jpg

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the hats, especially that chambray (or whatever the material is) bucket hat.

Did you manage to get pricing on the hats?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads