• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Maurizi

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are Nordstrom's house brand. Basically decent, trendy shoes, but not worth the full retail. I would be willing to pay no more than $110 for them.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the pic of split toe model, it looks like it is rapid blake construction.

can anyone confirm? I would buy these shoes arounf $100-$130 range,

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
They are Nordstrom's house brand.

Yes and no. You also get them in smaller independent shops in Europe. I bought the one pair I have in Stockholm, IIRC, two years ago. They're a sort of very light chestnut, which turned out to not really go with anything except jeans, but they've so far turned into an interesting antiqueing project - I think they'll get extensive use this summer.

I think I paid the equivalent of $80 - 100 for them, probably on sale.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and it's rapid Blake construction, if I've understood the term correctly.

heavyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
They are Nordstrom's house brand. Basically decent, trendy shoes, but not worth the full retail. I would be willing to pay no more than $110 for them.

thanks for the heads up on this.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are actually pretty good looking for shoes, as I have heard lots of ohhs and ahhs from the uneducated public about them, but not very durable I'm afraid.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not very durable? Does the shoe fall apart, leather cracks, hill squeeks, etc? Can you define please?

mtf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
not very durable? Does the shoe fall apart, leather cracks, hill squeeks, etc? Can you define please?

On mine one pair... They squeek nomatter what my cobbler does to them. A few of the stitches on the ankle popped the first time I wore them. The leather just won't hold a shine. The soles wear really quickly (feels like compressed cardboard). The toggles on the ends of the laces are glued on so you can't relace them and they're laced in the worst manner I can think of... I can't remember anything else right now.

They do look absolutely stunning though! I won't admit to how many pairs of shoes I have but my hated Maurizi's get the most complements from others
mad.gif

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mtf
The leather just won't hold a shine. The soles wear really quickly (feels like compressed cardboard).
This are my two main issues, Milano. My pair has the soles peeling at the tip of the toe after 5 wears.
confused.gif
Moreover, the leather develops unsightly creases easily.

Pink22m

Reaction score
On mine one pair... They squeek nomatter what my cobbler does to them. A few of the stitches on the ankle popped the first time I wore them. The leather just won't hold a shine. The soles wear really quickly (feels like compressed cardboard). The toggles on the ends of the laces are glued on so you can't relace them and they're laced in the worst manner I can think of... I can't remember anything else right now.

They do look absolutely stunning though! I won't admit to how many pairs of shoes I have but my hated Maurizi's get the most complements from others
This happened to me with my Maurizi's, so I ended up just cutting the laces off, and relacing them with some regular tan contrasting laces. They still look pretty good, although the new laces aren't as wide as the original laces. My Maurizi's have also elicited many compliments as well.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of dark brown "Dante" from Blue fly. I can't say I've experienced the problems stated above yet, but they are new.I like 'em alot. I like the shape and they feel fine and don't squeak. I get alot of compliments on them as well. I cut those leather details off the laces with a razor, pulled 'em out and used the alternate laces. Man if they work, no shame in a bargain. I'm actually looking at a second pair if these hold up. or I take the plunge and try some of these other options that I've seen on SF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads