• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Blood

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
Tara and her mom need to DIE quickly.
agreed. she isn't even a major character in the books so why did she get a major role in the show.

Originally Posted by gdl203
Last night's episode was packed with new stuff, great characters, interesting developments around the main characters and the werewolf story. Not one dull minute. What more can you ask for? (I know more (.)(.) ...)

next week looks even better, but there's almost TOO much going on. 5 story lines at once is a bit much.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Last night's episode was packed with new stuff, great characters, interesting developments around the main characters and the werewolf story. Not one dull minute. What more can you ask for? (I know more (.)(.) ...)
yup...completely agree

i like the look of season 3 so far.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
agreed. she isn't even a major character in the books so why did she get a major role in the show.

From my understanding the books are all from Sookie's perspective. It is hard to do a tv show from only one characters perspective, so other characters had to be expanded.

I've also heard that if it was keeping to the books Lafayette would have been gone a long time ago, so I can't complain too much about changes.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
highlight of the episode for me was Sookie impersonating Bill's voice.

"I keep thinkin he'll walk in here any minute and say 'soookeh'" - I thought that was brilliant. Reminded me of that animated gif a few pages ago in this thread.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
From my understanding the books are all from Sookie's perspective. It is hard to do a tv show from only one characters perspective, so other characters had to be expanded. I've also heard that if it was keeping to the books Lafayette would have been gone a long time ago, so I can't complain too much about changes.
yes, i believe they are all from her perspective. i'm not saying the show should follow the books verbatim, i'm just saying that Tara is an annoying ***** who should've gotten offed some time ago. also, has anyone noticed the writers using the same nationality (Thai) for a human that the vampires use to feed on. i swear a "thai boy" has been used 5-6 times since the show started.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i will send alan ball an edible *** basket if he kills off tara

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
maybe they like asian blood and thai is more exotic than chinese.

Thai- hookers and beautiful beaches

Chinese- MSG and cheap labor

Just sayin....

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
maybe they like asian blood and thai is more exotic than chinese.

Thai- hookers and beautiful beaches

Chinese- MSG and cheap labor

Just sayin....

Or maybe they're still cautious about melamine content in Chinese goods. (?)

BTW, I'm getting a BAD case of envy and need to get to watching S2 so I'll understand WTF you guys are talking about.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this season so far has really stepped it up in terms of overall violence, which is welcomed by me. the werewolf vs. vampire story line is a hell of a lot better than ******* Twilight

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really enjoy the cut scenes of the vampires and their pasts.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
highlight of the episode for me was Sookie impersonating Bill's voice.

"I keep thinkin he'll walk in here any minute and say 'soookeh'" - I thought that was brilliant. Reminded me of that animated gif a few pages ago in this thread.

That made me lol. Apparently the writers are well aware of the internet memes and not taking themselves too seriously.

Originally Posted by AgentQ
Eric's past as a Nazi was so fitting.

How's that? His back story is he's a Viking.

Enjoying some of the new character development. The flaming companion of the King of Mississippi must die. Soon.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HBO has renewed "True Blood" for a fourth season, beginning next year. As with Season 3, it ordered 12 episodes.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
HBO has renewed "True Blood" for a fourth season, beginning next year. As with Season 3, it ordered 12 episodes.

I think it's great HBO really gives its shows a shot. Gives me high hopes for Game of Thrones. True Blood is probably one of it's lesser shows, but I still enjoy watching it and have a great time with it.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tumblr_l4co992Bd61qarrxao1_500.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads