• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Florsheim Longwings by Ducky Brown: A Review

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekgeek
^All I can say is...

and...
cheers.gif

Well, they're for a friend of mine locally. If they end up not working, they will make it to the B&S.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen some true vintage Florsheims with a chisely toe like the ones you see here. Surprising but they existed before KC.

All the pics of the Ducky Browns do not show anything but the classic shapes, as far as I can tell. I have owned the Kenmoor longwings as well as the shortwing bals the Duckies are modeled after. The shape looks the same.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your copy was pretty good. Sounded like typically bad enthusiastic fashion writing: "while still paying homage..."

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
On another note, I heard that the Ducky Longwings are actually made in the USA according to a website that sells them. Have been unable to confirm...

The ones I saw were made in India.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ducky Brown went decidedly vintage with his latest Spring '10 take on The Florsheim Shoe.

Updated for this season with exposed metal eyelets, a soft square toe, and fresh color combinations while still paying homage to the original via the revival of the V-Cleat heel.

What's not to like?

IMG_1859.jpg
IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg
IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg
IMG_1887.jpg

Very 70s or mid-90s...

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ducky Brown went decidedly vintage with his latest Spring '10 take on The Florsheim Shoe. Updated for this season with exposed metal eyelets, a soft square toe, and fresh color combinations while still paying homage to the original via the revival of the V-Cleat heel. What's not to like?
IMG_1887.jpg

I am a die-hard Florsheim supporter but they butchered a classic with that toe shape.

cmeisenzahl

Reaction score
I wish the toe was a bit more round, other than that I love them.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laxinthe303
I love these. What are they really called?

Kenmoor

Originally Posted by Tarmac
I've seen some true vintage Florsheims with a chisely toe like the ones you see here. Surprising but they existed before KC.

These are of the same ilk.

Originally Posted by ZON_JR
Your copy was pretty good. Sounded like typically bad enthusiastic fashion writing: "while still paying homage..."

bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by meister
Very 70s or mid-90s...

I am thinking 70's to early 80's.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think those florsheims are kinda cool. Worn on the feet with jeans, I don't think they would look as drastically chunky-square-toed. The camera angle is very extreme in these photos. While I obviosuly prefer the classic round toed florsheims, I'd have these in my rotation just for the shock value.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foofwing > Duckwing.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads