• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roguls
Was at the Madison Ave. store today.
My. wife. fondling. my. shoe.

Apologies for indoor pics. Will take sunlit pics tomorrow before break in.

I have officially crossed over now.

WOW! Another Cigar Indy? This is great. You guys got some great boots.

Curious, what does your wife think of the construction? Ladies shoes are made so different.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
WOW! Another Cigar Indy? This is great. You guys got some great boots.

Curious, what does your wife think of the construction? Ladies shoes are made so different.

After some education, she is becoming increasingly angry at the way women's shoes are made mostly for fashion rather than function. There are so many crazy details about these that make me smile.

I was crushed to see them in the store, because I new I would have to buy them if they had my size. I have cancelled my order for my 403s because of these; not really a big loss, though, as the Cigars can act as a dress boot, whereas the 403s are a dressy casual boot.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
I think it depends upon the specific model line as to whether they consider a full or 1/2 size difference between US/UK sizing. See the Tricker's thread in Men's Clothing.

Of course you've got actual experience so I hope FatMod listens to you.

True enough. I also wear a UK 12 in any other non-country-last Trickers...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab

My wife can appreciate my Aldens, C&J, etc but would never in a million years wear a women's shoe with similar construction.

laughter95

Reaction score
are the alden indy's hot to wear?

i remember my clarks db were pretty hot. the alden unlined suede pair i just got is really breathable.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a pair of Indys and I was actually kind of surprised at how cool they felt - they are definitely hot and as temps are rising above 90 here there's not really much avoiding that, but I was pleasantly surprised with the level of breathability I've experienced with mine.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
are the alden indy's hot to wear?

i remember my clarks db were pretty hot. the alden unlined suede pair i just got is really breathable.

The leather-lined Indys are definitely hotter than the old ones with the duck-cloth linings and shell is even hotter. Suede is nicer for the heat

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roguls
Was at the Madison Ave. store today.

My. wife. fondling. my. shoe.

IMG_2336.jpg

Apologies for indoor pics. Will take sunlit pics tomorrow before break in.

I have officially crossed over now.

enjoy wearing your good looking cigar indy boots. walk on carpeting until the shoes feel right

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the D.C. store last week since I was in town.

I have never seen more shoes I wanted all at once before. It was breathtaking. I could have spent 3 grand. It's like an art gallery, but the shoes are the art.

the guy said that some of the on-the-rack singles in there are the originals they'd been using since they opened that location 9 years ago. huh.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
I went to the D.C. store last week since I was in town.

I have never seen more shoes I wanted all at once before. It was breathtaking. I could have spent 3 grand. It's like an art gallery, but the shoes are the art.

the guy said that some of the on-the-rack singles in there are the originals they'd been using since they opened that location 9 years ago. huh.

that guy can talk your ear off about all things alden. super knowledgeable, last week we even talked about the bowling-shoe style sneakers they used to make.

banis

Reaction score
Need advice from you...
Those are whiskey irregulars offered by the shoemart. There is a mark on the right shoe, which can not be fixed.
Should I still buy it or no?
172504-f2e32-33439069-m750x740.jpg

172504-98fd1-33439075-m750x740.jpg

Thanks!

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote no. I've had nothing but problems with Alden seconds, and my opinion of Alden seconds via the shoe mart is far less positive than many posters here.

Also, was this shoe described as "totally great, amazing savings, nothing wrong"? Because that's what I've heard from shoe mart regarding every Alden second

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
that guy can talk your ear off about all things alden. super knowledgeable, last week we even talked about the bowling-shoe style sneakers they used to make.
w00t? I got to find a pic of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads