• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (the movie)

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teh awesome. Absolutely worth seeing. Not a first date film. Well acted and beautiful cinematography. And man, was the girl with the dragon tattoo a badass.

Edit: Release on DVD Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Teh awesome. Absolutely worth seeing. Not a first date film. Well acted and beautiful cinematography. And man, was the girl with the dragon tattoo a badass.

Good book adaptation? I have the book, but haven't bothered with it.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
Didn't read the book. I'm guessing it's a reasonable adaptation as the book and film were wildly popular in Scandinavia. "In Norway and Denmark it is the most viewed Swedish film ever, and in Sweden total admissions are above one million" Playing at the theaters right on the corner of Sunset and Crescent Heights.

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower

I saw part of her ass in teh trailer. Might give it a shot
smile.gif

GanglandDandy

Reaction score
Been meaning to read the book but now that the movie is out, I think I would just catch the movie.

Claus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto

The films stay close to the books, just a few parts are missing.

I'd say, reading the books is a better value, althought the first one starts rather slowly.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
HMMMM. I saw a version of the movie (in Scandinavian, no subtitles), so Mrs. T more or less walked me along the story since she had already read the book. I really really liked the book (read it after the movie) and thought the movie was well done. Did they dub it in English, or are there sub-titles?

coachvu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Did they dub it in English, or are there sub-titles?

Sub-titles. They're casting an English version now.

grouper

Reaction score
The movie could have done without the last 30 minutes. why does everything have to have complete closure? it would have been more interesting if they had never said what happened to Harriet.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coachvu
Sub-titles. They're casting an English version now.

Good to know. Just a guess, and probably an unfair one at that, but I'll say that I'd probably prefer the subtitled original to the English re-make.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this about asian chicks.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Good to know. Just a guess, and probably an unfair one at that, but I'll say that I'd probably prefer the subtitled original to the English re-make.
Starring Adam Sandler, Justin Bieber, and Kristin Stewart
confused.gif
Just a matter of time. Just like La Femme Nikita
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Is this about asian chicks.
Aging chicks, actually

Mark it 8

Reaction score
Read the book and saw the movie. As someone else said, the film follows the book pretty closely. I didnt think the film was that great, though. I actually thought the acting wasnt very good and the film sort of dragged (although I enjoyed the book.) Your mileage may vary. If you get a chance, check out "The Secret In Their Eyes." The story, directing, and acting was phenomenal IMHO.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
I thought it was pulp. The only interesting thing was the pairing of the journalist and hacker. Everything was on par with a contemporary exploitation film. Bad ethics, not very compelling mystery, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads