• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it fits similarly to the Hampton, but somewhat elongated in the toe box.

slappy

Reaction score
Ive really only tried on barrie and trubalance, 11D seems fine. So basically 11.5D?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm a 7.5C in the Hampton and a 7C in the Barrie, so that seems reasonable assuming your foot is normal shape.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No kidding. If I had the cash, my dress shoe needs could be satiated in one stop.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
162i5d.jpg

ravello full strap

slappy

Reaction score
Im wary about ordering from him because Ive read that the Aberdeen last can be tricky to fit. I dont want to drop 475, then find out the shoes dont fit. 11.5D in Aberdeen might be fine, I just cant say

saracen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
Given that there is Alden written on the commando sole, wouldn't the second scenario seem more likely?

I was thinking the same, but I'm sure Shoemart has a good enough relationship with Alden that they either sent these to them or Alden sent the soles to Shoemart.

Either way, in the end it doesn't matter, (was just wondering about it) because those shoes are absolutely beautiful and a great deal as seconds. they have a tan pair in my size right now that i'm eyeing.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saracen
I was thinking the same, but I'm sure Shoemart has a good enough relationship with Alden that they either sent these to them or Alden sent the soles to Shoemart.

Either way, in the end it doesn't matter, (was just wondering about it) because those shoes are absolutely beautiful and a great deal as seconds. they have a tan pair in my size right now that i'm eyeing.

HEH! Yes they are. Another reason I think the commando soles were put on by The Shoe Mart is that these do not have the circle R for seconds and also they came in the normal green box, not one of the tan/off white boxes that seconds come in.

laughter95

Reaction score
I've just picked up the Alden suede chukkas in dark brown, size 9C. 9D fit perfectly in the toebox but the heel was a bit loose. The 9C heel is much better for me, but the toebox is a little bit snug. Is it safe for me to expect that the toebox will continue to stretch and thus be more comfortable? I'm finding, however, that right now the midfoot stitching is a little tight. Also, the back lip of the shoe is chafing. Is this normal?

Should I keep these or return for 9D? If they do stretch out, it sounds like this was the best width.

saracen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
I've just picked up the Alden suede chukkas in dark brown, size 9C. 9D fit perfectly in the toebox but the heel was a bit loose. The 9C heel is much better for me, but the toebox is a little bit snug. Is it safe for me to expect that the toebox will continue to stretch and thus be more comfortable? I'm finding, however, that right now the midfoot stitching is a little tight. Also, the back lip of the shoe is chafing. Is this normal?

Should I keep these or return for 9D? If they do stretch out, it sounds like this was the best width.

Since no one has replied yet, I'll give you my two cents. If these are the unlined chukkas (no reinforced toe box) then I believe they will definitely stretch. The leather is thinner and softer and will give after a while. The D width may become a bit sloppy down the road. However, if these are lined, then I think the toe box is reinforced and it will not stretch.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New leather soul plaza lasted chocolate suede boot are sexy.

I might have to drop my kop hammer.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Waited 7 months for these. It is different from the ones I've seen though, this one has a black sole and the top part of the mid-sole turns brown.
an1v2w.jpg

Pic of the black cork sole.
33xk86o.jpg

Quick fit pic.
e9t5s7.jpg

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was it a collab or did you just wait 7 months for shipping

laughter95

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saracen
Since no one has replied yet, I'll give you my two cents. If these are the unlined chukkas (no reinforced toe box) then I believe they will definitely stretch. The leather is thinner and softer and will give after a while. The D width may become a bit sloppy down the road. However, if these are lined, then I think the toe box is reinforced and it will not stretch.

these are the unlined.

tonight i went out in them... maybe it was drunkenness but i definitely perceived that by the end of the night they weren't so bothersome.

which chukka do you use urself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads