• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black-Waxed/Coated Denim

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Hah, I thought I was being overly obvious. BiG measurements are the standard way of measuring jeans. Check that out. Then measure your thigh where they measure the thigh on jeans. Then, whenever you look at the measurements for a pair of jeans, it'll be pretty easy to tell how slim they'll fit your thighs when new. Then make a bit of an allowance for them stretching out and you're set.

Really every newbie here thinks they have big thighs.

roguetheory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Hah, I thought I was being overly obvious. BiG measurements are the standard way of measuring jeans. Check that out. Then measure your thigh where they measure the thigh on jeans. Then, whenever you look at the measurements for a pair of jeans, it'll be pretty easy to tell how slim they'll fit your thighs when new. Then make a bit of an allowance for them stretching out and you're set.

Really every newbie here thinks they have big thighs.

Great, I'll check that out. Only reason I'm asking is, I can't seem to find a sizing chart for Slim Jim's which show the thigh measurements.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
p.s. you guys just made me decide to wear my black waxed jeans to the cluuuuuuuuub tonight
baller in tha houz. bitches love shiny things they're like magpies

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dior Nightfall 19cm Luster ones are too much for me, love the light waxing on these
wa0lcg.jpg
Hard to capture in a photo, but they shimmer slightly in the light
szkkf6.jpg
Too bad my thighs are getting too big for them. Time to quit squatting??

cez

Reaction score
i want a pair of 19cm nightfall's BAD.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a size 29 in most Diors (raws included), these are 29s, and are a size too small on me. These are the 19cm version, I believe the 17.5cms are more common as well. I haven't been wearing them for fear of stretching them, once I start work I know I'm gonna be working out less and will drop probably drop a couple pounds
frown.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Hah, if they were 17.5s you'd basically be wearing leggings. I dunno, they look good in that pic, maybe could stand a bit of stretching right at the top of the upper block but for me black jeans should be pretty damn tight.

EDIT: Of course LK would outpost me and demonstrate that he can wear anything.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black waxed jeans in regular fit just don't make any damned sense to me. But you could try N&F slim guy blacks for a budget version (better than nudies, anyway). They're not waxed but they look / feel like they are.

Nudies are a budget jean?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yup... no matter what the store charges for them, they are indeed.

That didn't actually make sense. Alright, they're a budget jean because they're so ubiquitous they can be had cheap without too much difficulty, and they aren't worth more than that because they're not very well made and the denim isn't very good. Some models aren't that expensive even at MSRP... I think TFDBCs or SJDBCs are ~200 aren't they? I think I paid 198 -50% for my SJDGCs a year and a half ago.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah, if they were 17.5s you'd basically be wearing leggings. I dunno, they look good in that pic, maybe could stand a bit of stretching right at the top of the upper block but for me black jeans should be pretty damn tight.
Yeah, they're fine in the waist and leg, the thigh just looks kinda a gross sausage casing, and my thighs aren't even that big at all, just squats. It looked better when I was 10 pounds lighter. They look decent in the pic cause they're black and maybe hard to see, but my crotch is basically exploding. You can see better in a head on shot
htxmav.jpg

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup... no matter what the store charges for them, they are indeed.

That didn't actually make sense. Alright, they're a budget jean because they're so ubiquitous they can be had cheap without too much difficulty, and they aren't worth more than that because they're not very well made and the denim isn't very good. Some models aren't that expensive even at MSRP... I think TFDBCs or SJDBCs are ~200 aren't they? I think I paid 198 -50% for my SJDGCs a year and a half ago.

Well I don't think the first reason is enough to qualify them as a budget jean. The second sure, but they're still the best pair of jeans I've ever owned.

$200 is a lot for jeans. You're desensitized by luxury.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
NN, yeah I could see it somewhat in the side view too, but do you think they'll stretch to accommodate? That's exactly the degree of nut-crunch I went for buying skinny jeans today in the expectation of their stretching about a full size. It definitely doesn't hurt that they're black though.

Cbrown, if a pair of nudies is the best jean you've owned you haven't owned any decent denim. Get one good pair from Selfedge, sized properly, and you'll be "desensitized" too, to the extent that sub 200 dollar jeans will basically look like beaters. 200 isn't a small amount to spend, 275-300 is pretty much the max (Diors aside) and 200 isn't that far off, but in light of the fact that good jeans are usually in that 275 range, it's not "a lot" either. And regardless of what it says on the price tag, cheap jeans re: construction and quality are still cheap jeans. True Religion should be proof enough of that. Only reason to pay retail for Nudies is that the cut works better for you than any of the cheaper options. Same thing with Acne. Thankfully it's a totally legitimate reason.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they will stretch in the thighs, especially if I sag them. Just a little wary too because yeah, I do like my black jeans super skinny, I'm just hitting the gym a lot more than usual due to excess free time and will likely lose my thigh muscles when I move Here's a pic of 19cm raws in the same size (hemmed to 35in, tho) for comparison,doing my best JDMAY pose too haha
33e4lkp.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads