• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will be eating French Toast with sausages and baked potatoes in about an hour while watching Greece - Korea.

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 2 homecured coppas are only 2% weightloss away from being done. It's been 2.5 months since I stuffed them and hung them to dry. Can't wait to slice them up

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I TiVo In Wine Country and there is a piece on Cyrus in the latest edition. Ah, good memories.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I TiVo In Wine Country and there is a piece on Cyrus in the latest edition. Ah, good memories.
Did they describe how to make the deeply flawed wagyu shortribs that are no good now that Kyle has left?
frown.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I saw that whilst still working there. Nice little piece!

Originally Posted by iammatt
Did they describe how to make the deeply flawed wagyu shortribs that are no good now that Kyle has left?
frown.gif

That went on the menu like 2 days before I quit. What is the flaw? Just hoisin-overkill?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I saw that whilst still working there. Nice little piece! That went on the menu like 2 days before I quit. What is the flaw? Just hoisin-overkill?
My mother, who was with us the last time we ate there, described the short ribs as flaccid, a good description. The hoisin was also overkill. Did they change the cooking as well?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
My mother, who was with us the last time we ate there, described the short ribs as flaccid, a good description. The hoisin was also overkill. Did they change the cooking as well?

Not that I know of. 48 hours at... 59.9? Or something. You'd probably have a better guess as to temp, with your research into the subject.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My house has a couple blueberry plants out front. I saw that some are more or less ripe now. Tastes great, nice and slightly warm from the afternoon sun. Wow, can't wait until they are completely ripe.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
The new North/Clybourn Whole Foods in Chicago. It's not really new, since they rebuilt and opened a while back, but I had never been to it before. Christ, that place is huge. It's like the size of a Costco. Parking garage connected for only WF customers. And it is cavernous inside. Huge selection, great stuff too. The produce was looking really good. And their prepared foods section is bigger and way nicer than it was before. It is probably the biggest Whole Foods in the country.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
The new North/Clybourn Whole Foods in Chicago. It's not really new, since they rebuilt and opened a while back, but I had never been to it before. Christ, that place is huge. It's like the size of a Costco. Parking garage connected for only WF customers. And it is cavernous inside. Huge selection, great stuff too. The produce was looking really good. And their prepared foods section is bigger and way nicer than it was before. It is probably the biggest Whole Foods in the country.
The Chicagoland mothership. My local WF had phenomenal white peaches. And absolutely fabulous, perfectly fresh and pristine bluefish. I am also enjoying some bison grass vodka on the rocks right now.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
The Chicagoland mothership.

My local WF had phenomenal white peaches. And absolutely fabulous, perfectly fresh and pristine bluefish.

I am also enjoying some bison grass vodka on the rocks right now.

Yep. It's a great store too.

Making me happy: We have this huge Taste of Randolph festival. The last three days, I've cleaned almost 900 pounds of skirt steak. I thought tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday that I was going to be grilling AND assembling and running the stand alone. Turns out, all I'm doing is grilling. Three days outside, grilling skirt steak, and staring at all the hotties that partake in Taste of Randolph. NICE!

Anyone who lives in the Chicago area should come out to Taste of Randolph this weekend and eat some of my delicious foods. Oh, and make sure to say hi. I'll be the fat guy in the white sox hat running the grill.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bought a rack of lamb, several pounds of veal, and a few steaks. Had to stock up before the stupid g20 summit makes access to the market a pain **********.

Gonna have to figure out what to do with the lamb. I've never actually cooked a rack before.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went for a bike ride 2 days ago and saw a Fresh and Easy is opening down the street! Hell YEA!!! No more ghetto ass albertsons!!!

I also just got back from the famous joe josts bar and had a schooner of busch and joes special sammich with some friends. Hard to beat that kinda afternooon.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
went for a bike ride 2 days ago and saw a Fresh and Easy is opening down the street! Hell YEA!!! No more ghetto ass albertsons!!!

I also just got back from the famous joe josts bar and had a schooner of busch and joes special sammich with some friends. Hard to beat that kinda afternooon.

Besides a few prepositions and filler words, I did not understand a word of this post. Do we have to live in the same village as you to know what it is you're talking about here?
puzzled.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19

Originally Posted by gdl203
Besides a few prepositions and filler words, I did not understand a word of this post. Do we have to live in the same village as you to know what it is you're talking about here?
puzzled.gif

LOL, reminds me of when you see someone from West Virginia interviewed on national TV and there's subtitles for what they're saying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads