• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
is that a serious question?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well Jordan didn't accomplish anything in #45. He was only #45 for 1 season (maybe 1 and half)?

Kobe spent half of his career as #8 and has accomplished a lot; 3 titles (even if he didn't exactly lead but it's arguable if Shaq could have won w/o him), 7 ASG, ASG MVP, Slam Dunk champ, 81 pts game, several All NBA 1st Team, Scoring Title, holds a few records, etc....

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thread needs kobe highlights.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i would think it would be standard practice to retire the last number the player used before he retired. btw, on a similar topic, for a long long time the only numbers the Heat had retired were #23 (for Michael Jordan) and $13 (for Dan Marino). WHAT. THE. ****. last year they finally retired Tim Hardaway and Alonzo Mourning's numbers to recover some respectability
rolleyes.gif

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good points on #8 Kobe, but Kobe's HoF and 'mount rushmore of bball' status will have been cemented with the #24.

When people look back at his career, it'll be defined as #8=young, talented, brash, only won with Shaq and #24=leader, mature, all around game, won with his team.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does the Heat really have MJs number retired? I never knew that. Any other teams got MJs number retired? I think Gretzky is the only # I know that their respective league has retired.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Thread needs kobe highlights.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he has (had) some otherworldly hops. but the thing that amazes me is how he gets to the basket in the first place. it's like matrix-y.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hell yah, dude got up there for sure. My favorite is still his reverse baseline dunks that you never think he could make until you see him do it. Most people do reverse layups, he dunks the ball.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

He has done this several times too, I just find the vids cuz I am not sure how to search for it.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ahh...the good old days when Kobe could still dunk on anybody
laugh.gif
he's still sick though...amazing how he's adapted his game and gotten more basketball-smart every year. he's one of the few players in the NBA who can do a highlight reel and win at the same time. contrast him to say, Vince Carter, who i bet has a better highlight reel than Kobe but still ain't ****

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love that up-and-under kobe developed last summer. oh man, did he make some guys look like nothing during the playoffs. must be something: stop his dribble, got him cornered, going up for the block and boom, the guy is 2 steps past you

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
love this

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^heh. Allen did make him look silly by picking his pocket tho
biggrin.gif

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pickpockets pay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads