• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Lobb and Berluti

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi -

New to this forum, but I am a great lover of dress shoes, so this forum is like heaven to me.

A question for the shoe experts on this forum. I really want to own a pair of John Lobb or Burluti, but unfortunately, don't have an excess of 1 G for the usual cost of a pair. Does anyone know if there are places or methods I could obtain a pair on the discount?

thanks,

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can regularly find JL seconds on ebay, or go to their sales. Berluti are more difficult, as, per LVMH policy, they do not hold sales.

Raralith

Reaction score
Well still high, I just purchased a pair of JL Barkley's in chestnut for $700 after tax (nearly 10%) from the Costa Mesa botuqie store. Most items are 50% off, but everything is based off of availability in sizing. They ship so you can give them a call, but you have to be pretty confident about your sizing and their last because all sales are final. The sale officially starts this Monday (06/21/2010) and I have no idea how long it will last.

Beyond that, NM has sales sometimes, but this is a hit or miss since they carry considerably less models and sizes (at least for me in UK 6 Wide) are rare.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
after 4 years, SuitingStyle will finally be able to buy some Lobbs!!

worship.gif

Regards.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raralith
Well still high, I just purchased a pair of JL Barkley's in chestnut for $700 after tax (nearly 10%) from the Costa Mesa botuqie store. Most items are 50% off, but everything is based off of availability in sizing. They ship so you can give them a call, but you have to be pretty confident about your sizing and their last because all sales are final. The sale officially starts this Monday (06/21/2010) and I have no idea how long it will last.

Beyond that, NM has sales sometimes, but this is a hit or miss since they carry considerably less models and sizes (at least for me in UK 6 Wide) are rare.

A couple of days ago they quoted me 30% off shoes from their regular line and 40% off prestige line shoes. Are you sure about that 50% discount?

Raralith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
A couple of days ago they quoted me 30% off shoes from their regular line and 40% off prestige line shoes. Are you sure about that 50% discount?

Yes, I just purchased them 5 days ago. I looked at both Classic and Prestiage in ~8 shoes total, both lines were 50% off but only the Pretiage came with shoe trees ($115 value).

chatty

Reaction score
I know John Lobb has a summer sale every year in the NYC boutique and it's up to 40% off. I've purchased from there before. I would just call that store and ask when it starts. I know that it doesn't last very long though, so call soon.

As for Berluti, I actually am not a fan. I bought a pair from NY Barney's and it is definiately one of my biggest purchase regrets. I didn't think the shoes were that good and didn't age well. My understanding is that they outsource their RTW shoes to some other maker, and just take care of the finishing. I was very disappointed with the shoes.

IMHO, I would say the Lobbs are more worthwhile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads