• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black-Waxed/Coated Denim

roguetheory

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been done to death, I tried using the search function, but couldn't find anything definitive. I'm after a pair of black-waxed jeans, ideally exactly like the Nudie Thin Finn model which is out now. Only issue is, I'm too muscular in the legs to pull off skinny jeans, hence I'm more of an APC Rescue guy
smile.gif

Any suggestions as to what alternatives are out there, in both a straight and boot cut?

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by roguetheory
My apologies if this has been done to death, I tried using the search function, but couldn't find anything definitive. I'm after a pair of black-waxed jeans, ideally exactly like the Nudie Thin Finn model which is out now. Only issue is, I'm too muscular in the legs to pull off skinny jeans, hence I'm more of an APC Rescue guy
smile.gif

Any suggestions as to what alternatives are out there, in both a straight and boot cut?

Nudie Slim Jim

roguetheory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
Nudie Slim Jim

I bought a pair of Slim Jim's once in a size 32, I couldn't get them past my knees
lol8[1].gif

Had to return them for a pair of Straight Sven's. Do you think sizing up a few will work?

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try the Blackbird Sunsets. On blackbird's website they look skinny but you have to size down like crazy to achieve that look. So go with your normal size and they should work for your frame.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
there were these polyurethane-coated ones from neil barrett
2cn37ts

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
10.5, that's a yoox pic don't pay much attention to the fit

roguetheory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
Try the Blackbird Sunsets. On blackbird's website they look skinny but you have to size down like crazy to achieve that look. So go with your normal size and they should work for your frame.
Thanks. I've never heard of Blackbird before, how do they compare to Nudie? Looking at their site, it looks like they only have a size 34 left.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J Lindeberg makes a coated jean that is a slim-straight fit iirc Some SA showed a pair of them to me when they were sold out of Nudie coateds. Wholeheartedly reccommend black coated jeans though, Thin Finn Dry Black Coated are basically my favourite thing ever and are only like 200 bones. Luster is awesome too if you can find AND have the cash. edit: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dior-Homme-Hedi-...item2a07d2965c omgzzzzzz

roguetheory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
J Lindeberg makes a coated jean that is a slim-straight fit iirc

Some SA showed a pair of them to me when they were sold out of Nudie coateds. Wholeheartedly reccommend black coated jeans though, Thin Finn Dry Black Coated are basically my favourite thing ever and are only like 200 bones. Luster is awesome too if you can find AND have the cash.

edit: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dior-Homme-Hedi-...item2a07d2965c omgzzzzzz

Yup those Dior's are the business. Would be all over them if I could spare the extra duckets!
Does anybody know if a pair of Slim Jim's would work for me? I'm a size 32" waist with 22 inch thighs. Obviously I'm going to need to size up, but to what degree?

I'm looking for a comfortable, slim look. I need to take into account the stretch and the fact that the jeans have 2% elastane mixed in with the cotton.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by roguetheory
Yup those Dior's are the business. Would be all over them if I could spare the extra duckets! Does anybody know if a pair of Slim Jim's would work for me? I'm a size 32" waist with 22 inch thighs. Obviously I'm going to need to size up, but to what degree? I'm looking for a comfortable, slim look. I need to take into account the stretch and the fact that the jeans have 2% elastane mixed in with the cotton.
You have relatively small/medium sized thighs for your waist size, I'd go with a size 31. p.s. you guys just made me decide to wear my black waxed jeans to the cluuuuuuuuub tonight

roguetheory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
You have relatively small/medium sized thighs for your waist size, I'd go with a size 31. p.s. you guys just made me decide to wear my black waxed jeans to the cluuuuuuuuub tonight
I ordered a pair of Slim Jim's in a size 32 years ago and I couldn't get them past my knees. Plus my legs were smaller back then too.
confused.gif
Perhaps I'm measuring in the wrong place. At the highest point of my thigh (closer to the crotch) the measurement is 25 inch

roguetheory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Think about where BiG measurements measure thighs. If yours are 25" there, then obviously 12.5" will be painted on.

Sorry, a little fuzzy this morning. I don't follow?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics