• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering a pair of Flat Head 1001's. Anyone know what size I would take if I wear 31 in Sugar Canes and Iron Heart? Having a tough time deciding between a 33 or a 32 in the Flat Head. Looking for a fit without much (if any) sag.

Also, will the 1001's continue to shrink after the first warm soak? I've read that FH denim stretches a little, but not much. Mostly wondering whether the first soak gets all the shrink out.

Thx.

Rolfi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aoluffy
reccomend me some nice raw denim jeans which will show nice unique wear over time pleaseeeee.

i like my pbj-005 cut but i did and still have problems/annoyances with the leg below the knee being a bit too baggy/not slim enough.

skulls or samurais will do it for you

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aoluffy
reccomend me some nice raw denim jeans which will show nice unique wear over time pleaseeeee. i like my pbj-005 cut but i did and still have problems/annoyances with the leg below the knee being a bit too baggy/not slim enough.
xx-011 is tapered, but you can go to any tailor to get the 005s tapered from the knee

diplomatman

Reaction score
my thread was locked for asking this question what jean is this?
2gxp3qg.jpg
Before anyone says it, yes he looks like a complete tool. I've been looking for slim fitting jeans in that dark color haven't had any luck, though
confused.gif

ss10guy3

Reaction score
Any thoughs on the acne raw generic boy? A couple pairs for sale around $100 near my house, and wondering if they're a good buy. I have no experience with acne.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by travisttt
Any thoughs on the acne raw generic boy? A couple pairs for sale around $100 near my house, and wondering if they're a good buy. I have no experience with acne.
I have a couple of pairs of Acne Mic's in raw denim and am very happy with the fabric, fit and construction, especially at around $100. They run true to size in raw denim, they were loose on me at first but shrank to fit perfect after one wash.

Flight Bird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinftw
how should i size on some lvc 66's to get a slim fit?

Man just ******* try them on. Sizing changes by the year and it's always
ffffuuuu.gif
no matter what.

That said, '66 are pretty slimish but I guess you could size down one or two (if you are a masochist), but really just try them on. PM Pablo T about this though.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this has already been asked/answered, but is there a particular reason why black Diors don't stretch as much as the indigos?

blynch

Reaction score
ugg, pocket rivet fell off brand new skull 5507s. Have only soaked and worn around apartment for a few hours. Hopefully I can get it back on with just a hammer, BiG is going to try and send me a replacement.

Btw, thanks again to mlyngard for the rec, the cut is closer to what I want than anything else I've had or tried. Still a bit large in the waist and a little snug just below the hips, but I always have this problem and it is less off than usual.

Also, these skulls have a massive amount of (loose) indigo, tub was way darker than other soaks(kmw, aw, apc). Anxious to wear them, but I need to wait to repair the rivet, and besides that I just started at the hospital and have to wear scrubs 5days a week, so it is going to be a long break in process.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Maybe this has already been asked/answered, but is there a particular reason why black Diors don't stretch as much as the indigos?
Just different denim, like the Italian vs. Japanese stretching

stayclassy

Reaction score
i pretty much only wear Levi 511's for streetwear, but im currently looking for something just slightly more relaxed that will also look good wearing a polo shirt. any suggestions (denim or other) for the same price range as the Levi's?

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flight Bird
Man just ******* try them on. Sizing changes by the year and it's always
ffffuuuu.gif
no matter what.

Wise words. You can downsize quite severely on the 66, I would recommend by one inch from measured size for a slim fit. But best by far to try them on.

Flight Bird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pablo-T
Wise words. You can downsize quite severely on the 66, I would recommend by one inch from measured size for a slim fit. But best by far to try them on.
blush.gif
OMG Paul T just pseudo-reped me.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flat Head 1001's pre-soak.

Are these a good pre-soak fit, or should I go down another size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads