• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neapolitan Tailoring in Singapore - Interest Check

the_sartorialist

Reaction score
All,

I recently read about Mina of Napoli Su Misura both on Style Forum and from her own website, and this has given birth to a potential idea of bringing a touch of Neapolitan tailoring to Singapore, if we can garner sufficient interest / orders.

I have checked with Mina and understand that she would potentially want to have at least a dozen orders, before considering making the trip, and I wanted to see whether there would be any takers out there?

Subject to confirmation from Mina, I believe their approximate prices (with customers supplying their own fabric) are listed as follows:

• 2-piece suit - €1,500 (about SGD$2,600)
  • Jacket - €1,200 (about SGD$2,080)
  • Trousers - €300 (about SGD$520)

With an additional €200-€400 (about SGD$350 - SGD$670) extra if one were to use her fabric selection.

Please let me know via PM or by reply to this thread if you are genuinely interested, so I can see if we could put something together.

suited&booted

Reaction score
Hi there ts,

Sounds like an interesting project. I'm keen if we could hear from SF members who ordered anything during her last NY trip or from past experiences. Pics would be great.

With regards to the downpayment before she embarks on this trip, is it 50% of Euro 1500?

Further question, do we order and bring the fabrics to her or will she do it?

Lastly, how many fittings during her stay in SIN, will we be sent the basted suit or just the final product? Timeline?

Cheers for the initiative Sir.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in. I would fly in, because I'm in Australia right now, but it's a shorter flight than to Italy or the US.

Thanks,
Andrew

the_sartorialist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited&booted
Sounds like an interesting project. I'm keen if we could hear from SF members who ordered anything during her last NY trip or from past experiences. Pics would be great.
There was actually some commentary from Edmorel about his garments from her posted in this thread here.
Originally Posted by suited&booted
With regards to the downpayment before she embarks on this trip, is it 50% of Euro 1500? Further question, do we order and bring the fabrics to her or will she do it? Lastly, how many fittings during her stay in SIN, will we be sent the basted suit or just the final product? Timeline?
All very valid questions, but until I can ascertain some minimum levels of interest, I would refrain from bothering her with too many emails, as I am sure she is busy with her own workload as well. If I were to hazard a guess, I would expect that she would require some form of financial commitment before she can justify her trip to Singapore, so it would seem a 'yes' to the downpayment beforehand. As for the fabrics, I don't see a problem either way. And finally, for the fittings and timeline, my suspicion is that a lot of it will depend on how many orders get generated along the way, which will dictate the frequency and duration of her trips, and consequently, how quickly one can lay hands on the finished garment. It is perhaps safe to conclude that the initial garment one is looking to bespeak may take longer, as it is after all an experiment from both sides; the consumers (us) and Mina (who probably also wants to find out if Singapore is a viable market / hub for the neighbouring regions).
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
I'm in. I would fly in, because I'm in Australia right now, but it's a shorter flight than to Italy or the US.
Thanks, Andrew. Let's keep our fingers crossed to see how many more people we can get, before this takes off!

wellsuited

Reaction score
I would be interested, but let me find out what neapolitan tailoring exactly means.... : )

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wellsuited
I would be interested, but let me find out what neapolitan tailoring exactly means.... : )

Neapolitan simply refers to style of clothes from the city of Naples in Italy
smile.gif

Sometimes the term goes a bit wider to also include the province of Naples.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am happy to put my name down for 2 orders initially.

Also, I would be happy to arrange for samples of ranges of cloth from J&J Minnis, John G Hardy and LBD Harrisons (including their linings) to be there for those who would consider ordering their own cloth and supplying it to Mina. I would be able to arrange special pricing and probably free shipping to Mina in Naples.

Cheers,
Andrew

Simon4rings

Reaction score
Maybe the guys from The Rake might be able to assist? This might be fodder for an interesting article

HKTenor

Reaction score
I could be interested - need to know more about the timeline as well, given that I'm in Hong Kong most of the time. Cheers to Andrew for his kind offer as well.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
I am happy to put my name down for 2 orders initially.

Also, I would be happy to arrange for samples of ranges of cloth from J&J Minnis, John G Hardy and LBD Harrisons (including their linings) to be there for those who would consider ordering their own cloth and supplying it to Mina. I would be able to arrange special pricing and probably free shipping to Mina in Naples.

Cheers,
Andrew

Wow this would be a great addition. Mina's fabric selection is not quite as extensive. Would you like to provide the same service for her NYC visits as well?
smile.gif

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
Wow this would be a great addition. Mina's fabric selection is not quite as extensive. Would you like to provide the same service for her NYC visits as well?
smile.gif

I do not visit NYC often enough, but maybe I can speak to her about this when (if) I see her in Singapore.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a happy customer of Mina's I can heartily endorse this. I had one measurement, one basted fit and got a finished suit on the third visit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads