• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rAQOa.jpg
I am very pleased. Pf Flyers Albins, of course. Silver Perrin on Gilt lookin' top notch as well. @Earnest: Jeans are Ande Whall

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^those look dope listi, if a little glam. what are the jeans? anyway, what does SF think re: vael? I've never seen them discussed here, same level as clae with interesting styling. I have the black and the white pairs below and they've held up pretty well, decent leather w/vibram soles and reaaaaaally soft full-grain leather lining
3910562.jpg
4710788.jpg
042809_vael_2.jpg
vael-fw09-001.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper
Chrono, you have a pair of normal GATs yes? How's the sizing on them?

Dude. It has been said multiple times in this thread and in others. There are multiple brands/varieties of the trainers with slightly different leather, gumsole, suede color and interior. Sizing varies slightly too. Mine are 285 and fit like a size 10.5

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Dude. It has been said multiple times in this thread and in others. There are multiple brands/varieties of the trainers with slightly different leather, gumsole, suede color and interior. Sizing varies slightly too. Mine are 285 and fit like a size 10.5

You mean there are different kinds of GATs from Germany? I thought they were just military surplus.

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper
Alright, I'll try using google translator. Thanks a bunch. How do GATs size in regards to let's say Clarks DBs or Sperrys? And Pinhas, there's only Alter left in Franklin St, brooklyn. If they don't carry it, then the only option is to order them online. I believe shipping is free.
i'm a 10 in sperry and a 9 / 9.5 in converse and i got a 43.5 and they fit perfect. also mine have a longer tongue than i've seen and some black printed numbers on it. Not sure what they mean but it's actually pretty sweet.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Pretty sure JKISSI solidified TOMS' status.

-rF

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
Pretty sure JKISSI solidified TOMS' status.

-rF

It was the only thing about his fit that WASN'T on point, but that's just my opinion. I don't really see the appeal, nor any reason to dislike.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
To me, they're a slightly nicer plimsol... and the 'good cause' w/ TOMS is another reason for the forum to embrace them IMO.

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whereismyshoe
i'm a 10 in sperry and a 9 / 9.5 in converse and i got a 43.5 and they fit perfect. also mine have a longer tongue than i've seen and some black printed numbers on it. Not sure what they mean but it's actually pretty sweet.

I'm kinda confused. I thought Sperrys run large which is why most people size down and you got a 43.5 (which is like a US9.5)? So the GATs run super large?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
good lord. just use your best judgement and buy the sneakers. even with advice it won't be perfect. if they are a smidge big get insoles, if small, then sell in buy&sell and try again. most the time people just overthink it with stuff like that. you'll probably get it right enough though. hell, even trying on shoes in store i can't get a "perfect fit". Most the time i feel i'm between sizes or is a touch narrow in a spot or one foot a bit bigger than the other, etc... Not to mention that they're not holy grail sneakers that will magically make boring outfits good. just plain sneakers that look boring and plain if you dress boring and plain. dont' think i've ever seen a fit of yours but just give it a shot but don't put the ***** on a pedestal

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the vans versa in grey, they are just like a cheaper version of the common projects if you lace them with the extra white laces. Great shoes for $60. Stitched sole, piping on suede, super comfortable. Only if they were lined in leather instead of fabric. http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/201...-2010-preview/

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The toebox looks stumpy, like Vans...

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
good lord. just use your best judgement and buy the sneakers. even with advice it won't be perfect. if they are a smidge big get insoles, if small, then sell in buy&sell and try again. most the time people just overthink it with stuff like that. you'll probably get it right enough though. hell, even trying on shoes in store i can't get a "perfect fit". Most the time i feel i'm between sizes or is a touch narrow in a spot or one foot a bit bigger than the other, etc... Not to mention that they're not holy grail sneakers that will magically make boring outfits good. just plain sneakers that look boring and plain if you dress boring and plain. dont' think i've ever seen a fit of yours but just give it a shot but don't put the ***** on a pedestal

Yea, I guess you're right. I have a tendency to read/research a lot about an item before I purchase it. And I've posted fitss but I don't think they're that good since I'm a non-baller and I don't have that many interesting pieces yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics