• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Is it wrong to button the bottom button on a three button winter coat over a suit?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Is it wrong to button the bottom button on a three button winter coat over a suit?
No, outerwear doesn't have the same don't-button-the-bottom-button rule as jackets.

highendstyle

Reaction score
Is there a good look for business casual attire with short sleeves for summer? Short sleeved dress shirts tend to look too casual to me, but if anyone has any examples I'd love to see them!

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by highendstyle
Is there a good look for business casual attire with short sleeves for summer? Short sleeved dress shirts tend to look too casual to me, but if anyone has any examples I'd love to see them!
Are you opposed to rolling up a long-sleeved shirt? I like that look better than a short-sleeved shirt, and it's a shirt you can wear during the warmer and cooler months (depending on the fabric weight). - Keith

highendstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Are you opposed to rolling up a long-sleeved shirt? I like that look better than a short-sleeved shirt, and it's a shirt you can wear during the warmer and cooler months (depending on the fabric weight).

- Keith

No, I'm not really against rolling up the sleeves except for the fact that then if I roll them down the sleeves will be all wrinkled.

I did some searches and the bottom line here seems to be: No short sleeved dress shirts, which is how I feel as well, but I was hoping there might be something I was missing.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not really against rolling up the sleeves except for the fact that then if I roll them down the sleeves will be all wrinkled.

I did some searches and the bottom line here seems to be: No short sleeved dress shirts, which is how I feel as well, but I was hoping there might be something I was missing.

Just keep them rolled up, you don't need to roll them down anyway, so why care about wrinkles?

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 6 button, DB blazer on eaby, only to discover that the only real button hole (aside from the interior button) is the bottom. It looks utterly ridiculous when I buton just the inside button, yet I hate the look of having the bottom button closed.

Has anyone here ever had a button-hole added, and if so, how much did it cost? Is this something tailors typically do?

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Go to WAYWRN for dissenting opinions.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

Did you get these in the islands/Hawaii, OD/OT? I have a couple of similar shirts, but I wear them in ultracasual settings with shorts and sandals in the summer to street fairs, Lollapalooza, etc.

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ld111134
Did you get these in the islands/Hawaii, OD/OT? I have a couple of similar shirts, but I wear them in ultracasual settings with shorts and sandals in the summer to street fairs, Lollapalooza, etc.

Love is where you find it, and so are aloha shirts. I have ultra-casual versions, always made of very soft rayon, cut very full, and with camp collars, that I wear untucked, and mostly unbuttoned, with jeans or cotton/linen casual pants (even light wieght cargo pants). These that I wear with tailored tropical wool and gabardine trousers to the office in hot weather, when a suit and tie are not called for, are silk and/or silk blends, sewn like dress shirts, and cut more closely though still loose enough for good air circulation.

DaveD

Reaction score
Just dumped my wallet in exchange for a less bulky clip and a couple of cards combo, but the lack of an obvious place to put my condoms/condom holder when I go out is throwing me off.

Where and how do you guys carry your condoms?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DaveD
Just dumped my wallet in exchange for a less bulky clip and a couple of cards combo, but the lack of an obvious place to put my condoms/condom holder when I go out is throwing me off.

Where and how do you guys carry your condoms?

In a fanny pack, of course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads