• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

official 2010 world cup thread

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Only genetically.

A tie would keep Korea at 2nd place. In that case:

-Greece ties Argentina, Korea only has to tie to move on.

If Greece or Nigeria wins today, Korea will be tied for second, giving us:

-Korea has to beat Nigeria or win by goal differential.

A tie is better for Korea, yeah?

ah correct

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
spectacular save. great buildup too.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not the hugest soccer fan to begin with, but i like watching the world cup when it comes around.

However, i just can't stand diving, and arguing with the ref. It's the most childish bullshit which makes me lose any respect for these people. They're getting paid millions of dollars to kick a ball around a field, yet they still can't find enough respect for the viewers who keep them in business to play the game without cynicism or blatant cheating.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nigeria crashing out of the tournament. Ouch.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Korea lost bad, with that offsides goal and that byeongshin sekkia scoring accidentally, gutted.
frown.gif
My throat is hoarse.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I think the nigerians would run faster if they were chasing bowls of rice instead of a soccer ball.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
I'm not the hugest soccer fan to begin with, but i like watching the world cup when it comes around. However, i just can't stand diving, and arguing with the ref. It's the most childish bullshit which makes me lose any respect for these people. They're getting paid millions of dollars to kick a ball around a field, yet they still can't find enough respect for the viewers who keep them in business to play the game without cynicism or blatant cheating.
Haha, it's the millions and the need to fulfill the viewers' wishes (by winning) that is making them dive and argue. Korea still has a solid shot. If Korea wins, they're good to go, and if they tie, they need Greece to lose, which is likely anyways, or GD. Then they probably play France or Uruguay, which isn't the worst case scenario for getting to quarter finals, imo. USA, on the other hand, it looks like they would play Germany if they manage 2nd in their group.

brlfvr

Reaction score
Happy that Greece gets the win, especially after performance against S.Korea. Very nervous about Argentina though.

JD are you greek?

Canal Directo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I think the nigerians would run faster if they were chasing bowls of rice instead of a soccer ball.

Given your location and the fact that they earn more in week than you in a whole year, I think you would run faster than them anyway.
bigstar[1].gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yes, I am exceptionally quick.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Korea lost bad, with that offsides goal and that byeongshin sekkia scoring accidentally, gutted.
frown.gif

My throat is hoarse.

...against one of the best squads. no offside goals, sorry.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three things I don't understand so far pertaining to lineups:

1. Obafemi Martins - Why is he not starting for Nigeria? - hell he didn't even play today.
2. Fernando Torres - Why is he not starting? Maybe it's a fitness thing but damn.
3. Thierry Henry - Why is he not starting? Yeah he's older and not what he was and he didn't start for Barca, but he's still a game changer with a ton of experience. Perhaps change the formation up and get him in there alongside Ribery instead of Diaby, Govou, et al. With France in disarray, I'd think a guy like him who could lead the squad would be what you'd want on the pitch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads