• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying this new Polo out today. Corneliani, heavy woven linen. 2.5/3 roll.

Happy Wednesday, everyone.

Mike

999-5.jpg

999-8.jpg

999-2.jpg

999-1.jpg

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
One love, but were not the same Wednesday:
1fc34d0b.jpg

Spoo - i dont think its a matter of wearing blue like everyone else ... or being soporific. And i dont think the mis-steps in your fits should be considered as "your thing" either. You can use color/flash and still bring it all together. I think you have all the pieces, and your fits will go to the next level if you embrace/understand harmony of colors, and how to use complementary vs clashing colors.

For example, wrt todays fit, i think a darker suede pair of shoes would complement the tie better ... and not clash with both the tie and the suit. It would also pick up the pocket square and be easy on the eyes. Your JM Westons would also have been a better choice.

The cinnamon suede would go better with a khaki suit ... or even a medium grey suit. That suit is too dark for the shoes.

just my $0.02

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Less dandified today - first experiment with MTM.
Fantastic. Your clothes always have so much life to them.
dozingoff.gif
(Couldn't find a Zzzz-Zzzz smiley)
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Trying this new Polo out today. Corneliani, heavy woven linen. 2.5/3 roll. Happy Wednesday, everyone.
Dig it. Like the shoes / pants combo.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Spoo - i dont think its a matter of wearing blue like everyone else ... or being soporific. And i dont think the mis-steps in your fits should be considered as "your thing" either. You can use color/flash and still bring it all together. I think you have all the pieces, and your fits will go to the next level if you embrace/understand harmony of colors, and how to use complementary vs clashing colors.

For example, wrt todays fit, i think a darker suede pair of shoes would complement the tie better ... and not clash with both the tie and the suit. It would also pick up the pocket square and be easy on the eyes. Your JM Westons would also have been a better choice.

The cinnamon suede would go better with a khaki suit ... or even a medium grey suit. That suit is too dark for the shoes.

just my $0.02

Love the outfit, though agree with you on the shoes.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Less dandified today - first experiment with MTM.

Cloudier and still windy...

20100616_main.jpg

20100616_detail.jpg

20100616_shoes.jpg

20100616_end.jpg

Looking good, MOK, especially those shoes.

7a8e6fd2.jpg

1fc34d0b.jpg

I like the shirt and the shoes alot. Not sure if I like it all together.

Originally Posted by OffTheRack
Felt blue on Tuesday.

DSCN2661.JPG

Wonderfully mellow.

Mike

Butler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

just my $0.02

Absolutely in agreement!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishLapel
MBrein I have a simillar jacket. Great with the white trou.

Thanks. It does not come through, but this jacket is a very dark navy and cream...not black and white like my other one. The pants are off white as well.

Originally Posted by gregaz

Dig it. Like the shoes / pants combo.

Thank you, sir.

Mike

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Moo, even you have to admit that was a pretty good line from Trini. But I have to wonder, why are you fighting with . . . a Canadian? Leave him to his hockey, cold weather, and funny accent. It's beneath you.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MoK, Spoo and OTR, all great looks today.
fing02[1].gif

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thetruthisoutthere.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
I think we need less Bukkake & more criticism..

I may start next week.. Unless Diavolo returns as he did have very valid critiques.

How else are we to learn..

Just a thought.

Why don't you start right now?

I am here to learn and improve first and foremost, and get compliments second.

I have read alot of recent comments from former WAYWRN participants about how the thread has jumped the shark. I see some don't participate any longer, or are only coming around to voice an occassional criticism or fit.

I want to hear what is wrong from others. I have my own personal opinions about some of the fits, but I generally keep them to myself and adopt the attitude that if I don't have anything nice to say, I won't say anything at all.

It is just clothes, let it rip.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads