• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

blairh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i'm so psyched. my 1G EDGE iphone no longer gets reception at my house, and I need to ******* upgrade. Been waiting for this since they announced the 3GS, which IMO was a waste of an update

Waste of an update is a bit harsh. I don't think many 3G owners updated to 3GS unless their contract was due or they just really had to have the latest iPhone.

If you consider 3GS was a speed bump vs. 3G and iPhone 4 has less to do with speed of web, in some ways 3GS was a bigger step forward. Again, in some ways.

That being said I think a lot of people in my camp (3G owner who can now upgrade due to AT&T allowing us to do so earlier than planned) will still do so.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i'm so psyched. my 1G EDGE iphone no longer gets reception at my house, and I need to ******* upgrade. Been waiting for this since they announced the 3GS, which IMO was a waste of an update

Same here--I'm upgrading from an EDGE iPhone too.

Best way to go, IMO, is to only upgrade your iPhone every third generation. Every new generation brings small updates, but people buy them anyway bc they're made by Apple.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im coming from 1Edge too.....this will be a major change. IMO every 3rd generation sounds about right...honestly to me the 3g and 3gs weren't too much different, just, well...3g.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been trying on both Apple and ATT sites to pre-order. Both are a waste of time.

blairh

Reaction score
Unless you absolutely need to upgrade right now I say hold off a few weeks. The situation will be a clusterfuck at every AT&T and Apple store with people trying to get their hands on iPhone 4. Also the white model is unavailable for pre-order (which is the model I would get. I'm tired of the black model).

I have mixed feelings about upgrading. My 3G is less than a year old because Apple replaced it when my original iPhone stopped working. But I am eligible to get iPhone 4 because my contract runs out in October. I will probably bite the bullet once I get my hands on this thing and see how slim it is in person. But I'd also like to take a good look at the Droid X in person once it's released before I sign onto AT&T for 2 more years.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its officially a clusterfuck: http://gizmodo.com/5563909/apple-iph...yline=true&s=i

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

I ended up going to my local AT&T store, where they took down my credit card utilizing the super high-tech method of carbon paper and writing down what features I wanted on a piece of paper. At this point I'd be happy if I get it on the 25th, to say nothing of the 24th.

BTW, neither the people at the Apple store nor At&T knew WTF was going on:

The Apple store told me the website said you could only do an in-store pickup, until I showed them on their own website it said you could order it for home delivery.

At AT&T the SA mentioned that the white iPhone was sold out... which is impossible since it isn't available for pre-order...

Just full of FAIL.
facepalm.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As we all know, Apple is infallible. Hence, all these complaints are the result of lies or user error.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS

I ended up going to my local AT&T store, where they took down my credit card utilizing the super high-tech method of carbon paper and writing down what features I wanted on a piece of paper.

Helllooooooo dumpster diving.
devil.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Helllooooooo dumpster diving.
devil.gif

Jon. is famously underemployed.

If vox is iPhone shopping today, however, you may want to take up dumpster diving in the Boston Metro area.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never thought of doing such a radical thing, but I've signed up for iphone 4g pre-order. I have been wanting for device like this for nearly five years. Iphone 4g has everything I want in a mobile computing device, powerful CPU, multitasking, speedy wifi, razor sharp display, longer battery life, THE BEST web browser (safari just rocks), super cool design, excellent media playback capability, and ability to publish my own apps!!

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I got lucky. I pre-ordered this morning using the upgrade site on Att and had no problems.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads