• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
None. My point is, they're pretty cheap to begin with.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert

Yea but Im a student and its nice to have a discount anyway. If I were 30...then that would be a different story.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Yea but Im a student and its nice to have a discount anyway. If I were 30...then that would be a different story.

Off Topic: Is your avatar sundubu?

avexdevil

Reaction score
is it detrimental to the proper aging of my taupe waxed dbs if i applied mink oil on them
frown.gif
?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
We won't tell anyone, and I doubt anyone will call you on it.

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score
People are not symetrical. Your feet are not going to be exactly the same size. Your left is probably just a little wider than your right. You can adjust for this by buying 1/2 size larger and then wearing insoles, or the shoe will probably stretch with some wear to accommodate your foot size.

Agreed; Desert Boots will stretch a significant amount. I think the guy with the width issue will be fine in a few weeks.

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flight Bird
Which one is the most like the NWT condition?

Well, Sno-Seal won't darken the shoe very much and Obenaufs LP will, so...
smile.gif

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
What's your guys' opinions on these? http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Mens-Ro...=pd_sbs_shoe_6

I like them because they're a little bit chunkier than DB's, but i'm not sure

I've had a pair for about 18 months. They were a replacement for a favorite pair of Havana Joe chukkas that I had for a decade. The main sticking point is the bulky toe box. Otherwise they're decent beater boots - a small step up in durability from dessert boots, but a step down in style.

Pinhas

Reaction score
I recently got the grey suede DB. I was not planning on wearing them on a daily basis but now I can’t resist; I love these shoes. They are getting dirty though; any suggestions on cleaning them? (not much experience cleaning suede)

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pinhas
I recently got the grey suede DB. I was not planning on wearing them on a daily basis but now I can't resist; I love these shoes. They are getting dirty though; any suggestions on cleaning them? (not much experience cleaning suede)

Splash through puddles.

slappy

Reaction score

A BMW is like 50k, thats cheap enough, do you really need a sale to buy one?
-Says any millionaire

A Jet is like 50 million,thats cheap enough, do you really need to think about this purchase?
-Says any billionaire

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads