• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Justified (on FX)

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I watched episodes 2-4 over the past few days, and I'm really starting to dig this. I really don't understand why people think that every show has to be serialized these days. Some of the coolest shows of all time had self-contained episodes. As long as they they can get good writers and guest stars, I'll be happy.

This show, the main character especially, kinda reminds me of the Rockford Files.

airblaster503

Reaction score
I have to admit the show is starting to pick up and develop an actual plot, am actually going to watch last weeks episode online right now.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really like this show. I see what you guys were saying at first about there not appearing to be any sort of 'main storyline' for the first few episodes, but things really picked up. Boyd played his character really well, I couldn't figure out whether is whole re-born man of god thing was a clever ruse or if he was being legit.
stoked for season 2, hopefully it'll start sooner than later

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
Boyd played his character really well, I couldn't figure out whether is whole re-born man of god thing was a clever ruse or if he was being legit.

I find that Boyd is my favorite character in the show!

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost gave up on it after a few episodes, but the last part of the series was done very well and I'm stoked for season two. Olyphant was surprisingly convincing in his role, but the guy who played Boyd stole the show.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From the outset, the show has struck me as one that had a lot of potential, even if it took a little while to hit its stride, and that's pretty much what has happened. It wasn't outstanding early on, but it was watchable enough to keep me interested, and I'm glad I kept watching. The last few episodes have been really good.

Also, +1 to Boyd stealing the show. Olyphant is good, but right now Boyd is the best character, hands down.

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
The ex-wife looked really, really hot in the last episode.

I noticed this as well. She's always looked good, but it really stuck out in the last episode.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
The ex-wife looked really, really hot in the last episode.

She looks hot in every episode. She's many times better looking than Ava who is still pretty darn good looking... just different styles.

Here's some randomness: I never realized until the second to last episode that this is based on some stuff written by Elmore Leonard... he actually lives down the street and around the corner from my wife and I. I used to see him at the local Starbucks all the time but I stopped going there a few months back in favor of a new place.

millionaire75

Reaction score
I'm actually reading "riding the rap" right now which is the sequel to "pronto", both feature raylan (olyphant's character). There are little things in each book which I've seen incorporated into the show. The show is based on "Fire in the Hole".

style from the heartland

Reaction score
Anybody know what's next for the series: since if premiered later into Spring, next mini season in late fall ? Know how many episodes are committed thus far ?

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I know this is ridiculous, but the scene in front of the church with all the bougainvillea (or however the hell you spell the name of the thorny vine with purple flowers) irked me. Bougwhatever won't growth north of Orlando, much less in Kentucky.

brimley

Reaction score
Bump for the start of season two. If you missed the first season, it starts a little slow, but it is very, very good.

S2E1 isn't going to win any awards, but I'm confident they'll be able to get it cranked up soon enough.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brimley
Bump for the start of season two. If you missed the first season, it starts a little slow, but it is very, very good.

S2E1 isn't going to win any awards, but I'm confident they'll be able to get it cranked up soon enough.

It's waiting on my DVR. One of the best new shows of the past season, IMO.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brimley

enjoyed it...

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
enjoyed it...

Ditto. The Loretta character got a lot of good dialogue, and I hope to see her again. Mags is an idiot if she thinks Loretta will take the death of her daddy in stride - she should be careful of her own "apple pie" going forward.

The Super Bowl ads were good: and

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads