• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pokemon Red and Blue- which pokemon did you start with?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Charmander. Naturally; Rival Gary would choose Squirtle and rely on growl, growl, tackle on the first battle.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Not younger than MK/SF, but I played Pokemon blue when I was like 11 or 12. Red kinda sucked, scyther looked cool and all, but he was lame. I didn't know what to do with my life once I got all 151 pokemon and all my team were at level 99 IIRC.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Squirtle. Bulbasaur is uncool and Charmander struggled through the first few gyms.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Not younger than MK/SF, but I played Pokemon blue when I was like 11 or 12. Red kinda sucked, scyther looked cool and all, but he was lame. I didn't know what to do with my life once I got all 151 pokemon and all my team were at level 99 IIRC.

Did you go to a Nintendo promotional event to obtain your Mew or did you use a Gameshark?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
kwilk, you look like Snorlax.
Snorlax is more your color, buddy.
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Squirtle. Bulbasaur is uncool and Charmander struggled through the first few gyms.
Charizard was a beast though. Obviously, all three were beasts in their final form, but Charizard kicked ass if you could build up enough supporting pokemon to get through the first few gyms.
Originally Posted by Eason
Did you have 2 gameboys and trade with yourself? That would take this thread to the next level.

Anyone remember the 99x item glitch? I remember the first time I found that. 99 rare candies? Yes please.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson

Did you have 2 gameboys and trade with yourself?

what kind of pocket monsters are you talking about
uhoh.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Anyone remember the 99x item glitch? I remember the first time I found that. 99 rare candies? Yes please.

Missing No. messed up saves on Blue though. It wasn't really worth it, IMO. Then again, I used Red.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Missing No. messed up saves on Blue though. It wasn't really worth it, IMO. Then again, I used Red.

^^So glad I used red for this^^

99 Master ballzzzzzz!

I traded and battled with my brothers.

I went to a promo event and got mew.

I still have a binder with the cards (holographs in mint condition ftw!)

I was 11 or 12 when this all happened. I introduced my whole school to Pokemons, I was king Pokemon trainer too. Eff tomigotchi, yo-yo's and razer scooters.

obligitory:
show_pokemans%5B5%5D.jpg

zeeth

Reaction score
you don't really have access to a good fire pokemon until what, cinnibar island? and even then i always found charmander preferable to most of the other in-game fire types, so i always went with him.

been playing some Fire Red with a GBA emulator lately actually.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I almost always picked charmander.

The first time I played I levelled up a dugtrio and was a cheap bastard and used dig on every single gym trainer.

I remember also having no idea what rare candy did, and selling all of it the first time I played.

I suck at video games and tend to lose interest long before I beat the game.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Did you go to a Nintendo promotional event to obtain your Mew or did you use a Gameshark?

Dude I just traded with my friend, the way you're supposed to bro.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rare candies raised pokemon don't have as high of stats as regularly trained pokemon brah.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember an instance of a stolen Charizard in fifth grade. Someone got beat up over it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads